We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Naxos Airport to Naxos Port: How much time should I allow?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Naxos Airport to Naxos Port: How much time should I allow?

Hello,

I'm looking to get to Amorgos from Athens in September.

I see that one way to do that is to fly from Athens to Naxos, then take a ferry from Naxos to Amorgos the same day.

The flight leaves Athens at 14:00 (2pm) and arrives in Naxos at 14:45 (2:45pm); my concern this this: If I'm arriving at the Naxos airport at 2:45pm, will I have enough time to make it from the airport to the port in order to catch the fast ferry (from Naxos to Amorgos) which departs Naxos at 3:40pm?

Would love to hear any thoughts on this. Thanks!

Edited: 6:37 pm, June 28, 2013
Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chania Town, Naxos
Level Contributor
4,896 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Naxos Airport to Naxos Port: How much time should I allow?

By taxi you are no more than 10 minutes to the port. Your biggest worry is not in Naxos but rather on the Olympic flight being on time.

Edited: 8:41 pm, June 28, 2013
Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,499 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Naxos Airport to Naxos Port: How much time should I allow?

More likely the Olympic flight will be on time and the "fast ferry", Superjet, late. Superjet typically is running up to an hour late by the time it gets half-way through its daily itinerary. You should have time, but that will be an expensive way to get to Amorgos. Worst case scenario is you will get to spend a night on Naxos, one of my favourite islands. :-)

Edited: 2:42 am, June 29, 2013
Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
4,683 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Naxos Airport to Naxos Port: How much time should I allow?

I have never had any problem with delayed flights to or from Naxos. They are more likely to be ahead of schedule than late. It is a very small air-port where bagage are un-loaded in minutes. Taxis are waiting upon arrival. It may be wise to reserve one before collecting your luggage. And, as Heimdall says, if you are going with the SuperJet, it is almost always delayed so you will probably have plenty of time.

It anything goes wrong, You have a fall-back to go by the Blue Star ferry short before mid-night.

Edited: 2:51 am, June 29, 2013
4. Re: Naxos Airport to Naxos Port: How much time should I allow?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, July 01, 2014