We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue star schedule

Banbury, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Blue star schedule

It seems that there is only one ferry - the 7.30 am departure from Piraeus to Naxos on Saturdays now! Also just the evening Bluestar to get to Athens on Saturdays. I am sure that in all the years I have been travelling to Naxos there have been 2 ferries EVERY day. Is this the case, or am I missing something? I only have one week at the end of October (Saturday 27th - Saturday 3rd November) and am going to have to spend a night in Athens at either end now. Will have to consider olympic flights to Naxos and bear the extra expense. I guess I'm not really asking a question, just expressing my surprise!

Mentioned in this post
Piraeus
Piraeus
Piraeus Region, Greece
Naxos Town
Naxos Town
Naxos, Greece
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
8,110 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue star schedule

The Blue Star Ferries website shows Blue Star Paros departing Piraeus for Naxos every day during October at 1730, then departing Naxos for Piraeus at 0930 the next morning. See www.bluestarferries.com/site/content.asp… (look at the Piraeus - Syros - Paros - Naxos etc schedule).

Mentioned in this post
Blue Star Ferries
Blue Star Ferries
362 Reviews
Piraeus, Greece
Paros
Paros
Cyclades, Greece
Piraeus
Piraeus
Piraeus Region, Greece
Naxos Town
Naxos Town
Naxos, Greece
Syros
Syros
Cyclades, Greece
Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
8,110 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue star schedule

Correction: every day but Saturday...you are correct. Book your flights ASAP so you don't miss those as well. The Dash 8-100 doesn't have many seats.

Edited: 4:08 pm, October 02, 2012
Banbury, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue star schedule

Flights booked!

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
8,110 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue star schedule

Problem solved...congratulations! :o)

Isle of Wight
Level Contributor
244 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blue star schedule

We have just come back from our annual Naxos visit. Several locals voiced there concern that Blue Star were about to cut their winter service to Naxos. The rumour was that for the first time in memory there would be certain days in mid winter when there would be no ferry from Naxos to Athens. This would cause particular problems in terms of travelling for medical treatment which in any case has recently become very expensive with doctors fees and medication being no longer covered by their National insurance contributions.

Mentioned in this post
Naxos Town
Naxos Town
Naxos, Greece
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
3,257 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Blue star schedule

There was a period last winter when Blue Star reduced their schedule, but I don't think it started as early as October. I think there was no Saturday evening Blue Star from Piraeus or Sunday morning return. Also, the Saturday morning ferry to Santorini spent a full day there and returned on Sunday afternoon/evening. It's probably due to the economic situation, the price of fuel and less subsidy from the government.

Mentioned in this post
Piraeus
Piraeus
Piraeus Region, Greece
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
7. Re: Blue star schedule

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, December 14, 2013