We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back in Naxos!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,795 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Back in Naxos!

We landed at the little Naxos airport on Friday afternoon and have spent the last few days re-aquainting ourselves with this beautiful island full of warm and friendly people. Here is a recap of our first few days:

…blogspot.gr/2012/09/yes-im-still-breathing.…

We are so happy to be back in Greece. We are here until the 29th!! 10 days in Naxos and 4 in Santorini.

Kalimera!

Jo

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
21,372 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Back in Naxos!

Ya sas !

Thanks for a great first report - I only wish I could have been there to share it with you.

Looking forward to more.

:o)

Antwerp
Level Contributor
365 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Back in Naxos!

Have fun and enjoy, you BOTH!!!! ;o))

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chania Town, Naxos
Level Contributor
4,785 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Back in Naxos!

Jo you certainly have perfected your blog. Your descriptions are so real we are able to walk with you to each location and relive our trips to Naxos.

Just curious who is Murial?

Ottawa
Level Contributor
2,341 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Back in Naxos!

Thanks so much for sharing. I love reading your trip reports and can't wait for the next installment.

Karen

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,795 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Back in Naxos!

LOL ~ Muriel is the name given to a group of internet friends by a woman in Australia. We are all Muriels. We have come together over our common love for Paris and are from all over the world and we refer to each other as Muriel.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

Jo

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,795 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Back in Naxos!

BTW, can anyone recommend a day sailing trip from Naxos. I think we would rather do a sail than the Delos/Mykonos day.

Thanks,

Jo

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,795 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Back in Naxos!

Today was spent exploring the Portara, Naxos town and relaxing on St Georges beach:

…blogspot.gr/2012/09/exploring-naxos-and-rel…

Off to dinner........

Jo

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,460 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Back in Naxos!

Another great blog Jo :-)

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
4,448 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Back in Naxos!

Great reports. We left Naxos the day before your arrival and had some lovely days.

Try a dinner at tavera Smyrneiko at the Paralia. Maybe Giannis, the waiter at the door and a great singer, finds his guitar and sings Greek lovesongs. He did twice during our four days stay. http://tinyurl.com/96zzw3f

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,795 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Back in Naxos!

Today, we enjoyed a wonderful day in the village of Naxos, thanks to the generosity of GreekTraveler (Erik), who put us in touch with a very nice local man, Tasos, who gave us a personalized tour of the inland villages and coastal towns of Naxos. He showed us a quarry mine, a Citron distiller, a pottery maker, 1500 year old churches, old greek momas with cell phones and arranged a decilious lunch at a traditional taverna in the village of Koronos, even calling ahead to make sure they had their specialty, Yiachnada. Yammas, cheers to Erik and Tasos for a day we will long remember!!

…blogspot.gr/2012/09/the-wonderful-villages-…

Jo