We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel stay in Naxos

San Diego...
4 posts
Save Topic
Hotel stay in Naxos

I am deciding between two hotels in Naxos, the Galaxy and the Nissaki Beach Hotel. I am traveling with teenage girls. Can anyone give me some advice on these hotels. The Naxos Beach Hotel also looks good.

Thank you for your advice

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chania Town, Naxos
Level Contributor
5,032 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel stay in Naxos

In my view the Nissaki Beach hotel is the best of the three but having said that you have chosen three of the best hotels at St George.

Nissaki is right on the beach mind you at the far end so most people walk a hundred meters up the beach for sunning. It has the smallest pool but was remodelled recently and certainly is first class.

Naxos Resort Beach hotel is also very nice but about 50 meters from the beach. No need to splurge on an ocean view room here as there is another hotel in front of it. It certainly is the best landscaped of the three.

Galaxy is the furthest from the beach about 100 meters and is also a good hotel but for view and proximity to beach its Nissaki for me.

Here are images of the three hotels.

nissaki

travel.webshots.com/album/580734085eWkXOJ

Galaxy

travel.webshots.com/album/577938219xWoGvP

Naxos Resort

travel.webshots.com/album/577946187UCiqtL

I have not stayed at any of these hotels (we are budget travellers and stay next doorfrom Nissaki at Glaros)

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
22,543 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel stay in Naxos

I stayed in Naxos Resort for Easter in 2010 - very good. Here is to give you some ideas:

http://tinyurl.com/37oboya

All three hotels will be good options, though.

San Diego...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel stay in Naxos

Thank you for your post. Are the rooms good size at Naxos resort. I have teen girls sharing a room and they have lots of stuff .

Also since you seem to be very knowledge on the Greek islands can you advise a fun restaurant in Naxos to celebrate a dinner after we renew our vows.

And lastly, do you think we are crazy to not make a stop in Santorini. We go to Mykonos and Athens after a stay in Munich and not sure if it is worth all the unpacking to add Santorini.

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chania Town, Naxos
Level Contributor
5,032 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel stay in Naxos

How much time do you have for this trip? When are you going? Santorini is absolutely spectacular and there is a day excursion boat to Santorini from Naxos which can give you the Santorini experience without disrupting you by having to leave your hotel in Naxos.

Our favourite taverna is Taverna to Kastro. It has a great view out over Naxos town and the water. It is a bit quirky and is always understaffed so you have to be patient and just enjoy the whole experience. We travel in May and June which is early season and this is one of the few tavernas that always has people waiting for a table that early in the season. I am sure GT has others that he likes just as much. Good Heart on the main waterfront is also a good value with excellent food.

travel.webshots.com/album/577958132OSBoyV…

Edited: 12:15 pm, June 20, 2012
Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
22,543 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel stay in Naxos

A "fun" restaurant will be Scirocco in the main square. The staff puts their hearts into making you enjoy yourself, and the food is excellent.

http://www.scirocco-naxos.gr/

What do you mean by "fun" ? Other restaurants I would recommend are:

- Irini's (at the waterfront)

- Metaxa Mas (in the Old Town in a small and narrow "street" - entrance from the Cathedral side of the town)

- O Apostolis (next to Metaxa)

All these serve genuine homecooked Greek dishes.

The rooms are European size - i.e. probably much smaller than what you are accustomed to in US. Size may differ according to what kind of room you book.

Edited: 12:28 pm, June 20, 2012
6. Re: Hotel stay in Naxos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:41 pm, June 22, 2013