We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Naxos to Delos

Martinez,CA
Level Contributor
355 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Naxos to Delos

We will be in Naxos in September and hope to go to Delos. We have found a tour on Greeka.com from Naxos via Mykonos to Delos and return the same way for 45 euro. Would there also be a ferry we could take to do our own tour? If so, does anyone know if the cost would be about the same? Should we book in advance?

We'd appreaciate any help. Thanks!

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,356 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Naxos to Delos

I totally agree with the recommendation to wait until you're on Naxos to book the Delos excursions, and especially to wait and see what the weather is like. If you or any others in your travel party are the least bit prone to seasickness, don't take the excursion if it's a very windy day (or be sure to take antinausea medication before getting on board)!

We took the Naxos Star from Naxos to Delos in May 2009 and though it was windy in Naxos Town before we departed, the wind didn't seem too strong and the sea also didn't look too bad. But once the boat got into open water, and the Star began lurching in the big waves, a LOT of people on board (especially children) got seasick and started throwing up. I didn't get sick myself, but have to say it wasn't pleasant watching and hearing dozens of passengers around me making full use of the barf bags being passed around by the crew for much of the ride to Delos!

I took a short videoclip of the waves bashing against the Naxos Star's windows when we were only a few minutes away from Naxos Town -- before the seas got even rougher and started tossing the boat up and down. You can see it on my travel blog at this link: mygreecetravelblog.com/2012/…

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,207 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Naxos to Delos

Good video, Donny! Here is another: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U68He8QjDR4

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
4,448 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Naxos to Delos

The Xs just means : No pick up = you have to meet at the pier, and No guiding.

The Delos tours are not operated by Naxos tours, but they are sold by them. You may go into any ticket office on Naxos and buy these excursions.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
21,372 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Naxos to Delos

Here are this year's schedules for day ecursions from Naxos:

greeka.com/cyclades/…naxos-tours.htm

Martinez,CA
Level Contributor
355 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Naxos to Delos

Thanks - Are we all in agreement that there will be space available on the tours if we wait till Sept 16 to book for Sept 18?

16. Re: Naxos to Delos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:42 am, June 23, 2013