We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plaza Beach Hotel - rating???

Brisbane Aust
1 post
Save Topic
Plaza Beach Hotel - rating???

Does anyone have any comments about Plaza Beach Hotel at Plaka Beach??

North Berwick...
Level Contributor
207 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Plaza Beach Hotel - rating???

Have been going to Naxos since 1988, so have watched with interest the building of the Plaza Beach Hotel over the last couple of years. Directly across the road from a great beach, it has ensured that the beach is no longer as quite and peaceful as it once was but I guess that's ok if you're staying at the hotel! Not so good for people like me - my husband and I now have our own villa on the island for family holidays, and for others to use when we're not there. We always spend time at Plaka beach - now we have to move further along the beach to make room for the hotel people.......

The hotel pool is possibly rather exposed and open to the wind but compared to most hotel pools is quite large. Takes approx. half an hour from Plaka to Hora, and a bus runs regularly during the summer season - the place is deserted from about November through to April.

Good sites with loads of info. about Naxos are: naxosisland.com and naxos-greece.net

usa
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Plaza Beach Hotel - rating???

Hi,

I'll be staying there this in a few weeks and will let you know how it is. On the website it looks nice. I couldn't find too many reviews on it. However, my friends and I wanted to be near the Plaka Beach.

US
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Plaza Beach Hotel - rating???

My husband and I have just returned from a very nice stay at the Plaza Beach Hotel. The hotel is in the perfect location. Away from the crowds. We arrived from the ferry and there was a van waiting to take us to the hotel. Plaza Beach Hotel is about 30 minutes from the port. When we arrived we were impressed. The rooms were very nice, but I can't imagine having more than two adults in the room. I think it would be a bit cramped if we had children with us. The hotel is across the street from the beach. It's a dirt road and out of the way so there isn't much traffic. The beach isn't crowded which we enjoyed.

The pool is in the front of the hotel and it isn't blocked from the wind. It can get a bit chilly when swimming.

Overall, we had a wonderful stay at the hotel and will most definitely return. With that being said, we didn't like two things about the hotel. First, was the food. We opted for the half board at 10 Euro per person. The food was not warm. It would have been a wonderful dinner had the food been warmed accordingly. But for 10 Euro I can't complain too much. Another complaint was the staff. They were cordial but not overly friendly. We felt like they just didn't want to be there. Or maybe they were wishing they were on the wonderful beaches instead of working. I've had that thought from time to time. Minor annoyances but I felt they were worth mentioning. The hotel is still new so I'm sure these are some issues that will be ironed out with time. Other than those two issues our stay was perfect. We will be going back next year.

usa
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Plaza Beach Hotel - rating???

I stayed there end of May. The room was new and relatively modern. I went with a friend of mine and the room was comfortable for two people. Not sure how spacious the other rooms were. The plaka beach was right across the road (small dirt road)...very clean water and beach. However, the water was cold, but still swimmable.Also, around that time there weren't many people there. We only had breakfast at the hotel. The food was ok. There's restaurants along the stretch of the plaka beach which had pretty decent food. There was a free bus to their affiliated restaurant where you could get a 10% discount. The local bus stopped and for 1.2 Euros would go into town. Overall, the stay in naxos went well and I'd go there again.