We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santa Marina Resort & Villas

Miami, FL
6 posts
Save Topic
Santa Marina Resort & Villas

Was wondering how the Santa Marina Resort & Villas are as a hotel spot...my friend and I are planning a trip to Mykonos in October and we're looking for a trendy-ish place to stay but would like to keep our expenses as low as possible. However, we're two girls in our mid 20's and would like to stay central since this is probably safest. Let me know. Thanks!!

V

Athens,Greece
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Santa Marina Resort & Villas

Is very nice...but remaining at similar type hotels i would suggest you myconos blu that is more stylish...but both are out of town, and as you go in october maybe you should prefer to stay near town in order to be in a place with more life....in myconos town i would suggest you Belvedere in fine arts school district and Ostraco Suites in drafaki both in walking distance from town center...

Spain
Level Contributor
54 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Santa Marina Resort & Villas

Personally I believe that October is not a month to visit Mykonos,almost all close.

rent a car or otherwise you are not going to have anything to do in the whole day due to bad situation of hotel, for me the worse beach of Mykonos & the worse bars + restaurants.

Houston, TX
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Santa Marina Resort & Villas

I'm headed mid-september to celebrate my husband's birthday. We are currently booked at Santa Marina. Is this the best? We travel alot and I want to stay in the finest hotel on the island. Is Santa Marina the right choice?

Houston, TX
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Santa Marina Resort & Villas

I'm headed mid-september to celebrate my husband's birthday. We are currently booked at Santa Marina. Is this the best? We travel alot and I want to stay in the finest hotel on the island. Is Santa Marina the right choice?

Athens,Greece
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Santa Marina Resort & Villas

vcm add to the near town hotels i suggest Cavo Tagoo in Tagoo district near the old port of Myconos town....that was rebuilt and redesigned last winter

Cavo Tagoo

http://www.cavotagoo.gr

in Tagoo district there are two other fine hotels Kouros

http://www.kouroshotelmykonos.gr/

and the tiny apanema

http://www.apanemaresort.com/

also the sites of the other hotels i suggested in my previous message

Belvedere

http://www.belvederehotel.com/

Ostraco

http://www.ostraco.gr

Mykonos blu

grecotel.gr/grecotel-mykonos-blu/…

Athens,Greece
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Santa Marina Resort & Villas

finetravel santa marina is probably the best resort hotel in mykonos the only built in a private penninsula.....but personally between mykonos luxury beach hotels i like more Mykonos Blu in Psarou...but both are definitely fine hotels...there are some smaller hip hotels i like near town but all depends on your needs...mykonos has much to offer...and there are also many beautiful villas to rent

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Santa Marina Resort & Villas

hi finetravel.

yes i believe santa marina is a very good hotel for a fine traveller!

it is in a very nice spot,very relaxing and has good standards on everything.

as for vcm i think it is better to stay near the town.the options that touring milano has suggested are pretty much what i would also suggest.have a jacket with you cause in october the weather in the evening tends to be a little bit cold.

Houston, TX
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Santa Marina Resort & Villas

Ok so what if heard about it being in desperate need of being updated is or isn't true? Does anyone know whenit was renovated? And if so how it looks? What about the service?

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Santa Marina Resort & Villas

hi.

the service is good nothing excellent but above average as in most 5 star myconian hotels.it is well maintained and not as dated as other believe.everything in the room is working and you will not face any problem concerning hot/cold water,electricity etc.

Sandy Hook...
Level Contributor
218 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Santa Marina Resort & Villas

My husband and I will be at the Santa Marina for three nights in late September. I've read both good and bad comments about the resort on this forum and TripAdvisor, but I've noticed that most of the bad comments come from people who visited in high season (July & August) and the good comments from people in the off seasons (May-June/Sept-Oct).

Since we are getting our three nights for free (Starwood points) we won't be booking elsewhere. However, for vcm714, who is looking to keep expenses down, I don't think the 300Euros a night fits the bill.

No matter where you stay, though, have fun!!