We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Area to stay for Mykonos?

Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Area to stay for Mykonos?

Hello all,

I am currently researching areas to stay during my honeymoon and was curious if anyone can recommend a town or area in Mykonos which would be ideal to stay in. I understand this is quite the party island but that does not scare us. We will be traveling in late July and we are open to everything. We can do outdoor activities, hang by the beach, drink, eat, etc. Any places I should avoid or definitely need to see would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Twyning, United...
Level Contributor
481 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Area to stay for Mykonos?

At night, the main activity is in the main town, Mykonos town. If party is your plan (other than beach parties) consider staying nearer to the town. If you want a mix of beach but close to town, consider Platis Gialos - walking distance to lovely beaches, short bus / taxi to town. If you are after more remote, Elia Beach is quieter, but cosmopolitan, Panormous / Agios Sostis are more "backpacker".

For honeymoon hotel, depends on your budget, but I have stayed at, in town, Cavo Tagoo (luxe), Kuoros (boutique) and Porto Mykonos (More budget). At Platis Gialos, the Myconian Ambassador is top class at a more affordable price. Budget accommodation is at Agios Sostis.

Avoid Agois Stefanos, (families).

Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Area to stay for Mykonos?

Thanks!

3. Re: Area to stay for Mykonos?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 11, 2015