We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP! Cruise Port to Super Paradise

Toronto
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
HELP! Cruise Port to Super Paradise

I will be leaving home tomorrow and need to know this "CRITICAL" information.

I want to know how can I get to Super Paradise from the cruise port. I learned that there are only 32 taxis on the island, and since I will be traveling with a group of 10 people, I want to know:

1) What is the best mode of transportation from Cruise Port to Super Paradise?

2) How long will it take?

3) How much will it cost?

Many thanks for your help!

New York City
Level Contributor
1,073 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP! Cruise Port to Super Paradise

The best way is to take a bus to Platis yialos and take a boat over to SUper Paradise from there. The bus stop is located at the "top" of town and about a 15 minute walk from the cruise port. The cost is 1.10E and cost of the caique from Platis Yialos is around 3-4E. It wil take about 15-20 minutes to get to the boat and then another 10 or so on the boat.

Toronto
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP! Cruise Port to Super Paradise

Thanks Annie again! :)

Is there any bus number? For the boat, is it easy to find at Platis Gialos? Like a sign or something?

For my return to the port, should I take the same way, Boat back to Platis Gialos, then bus back to Bus Terminal?

Thanks!

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
8,019 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP! Cruise Port to Super Paradise

It's easy to find the boat dock when you get off the local bus at Platis Gialos. You just walk straight down the road from the bus stop, towards the water, and follow the roadway as it curves to the right. You'll see a ticket booth on the right side of the pier; the boats will be lined up against the pier on your left.

In May, it cost 5 Euros per person for the caique ride to/from Super Paradise Beach, and the trip from Gialos to the beach took nearly 25 minutes (the boat stopped first at Paradise beach).

New York City
Level Contributor
1,073 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HELP! Cruise Port to Super Paradise

Wow Donny..25 minutes to SUper Paradise? That seems long. And 5E? Prices just keep going up!

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
8,019 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HELP! Cruise Port to Super Paradise

Annie, I wrote down the prices for the various shuttle boats and also took note of the time our boat left Gialos (1.25 pm) and reached Super Paradise (exactly 1.48 pm, which is a 23-minute ride, but it took several minutes more for everyone to get off the caique, so I rounded up to 25 minutes). The ride back took just over half an hour. It was a little breezy but not unusually windy that day, which may have accounted for the travel time. That was the first time we'd taken the caiques so I couldn't judge if the trip was faster/slower than normal.

Ditto for prices -- I don't know what they charged in previous summers. In May, the price was 4 Euros for the return trip to Paraga & Paradise; 5 Euros to Super Paradise; and 6 Euros to Agrari and Elia. Is it possible prices are higher during the off season, since there is less traffic? The boats were always packed, so there was no shortage of customers!

Mentioned in this post
Elia
Elia
Mykonos, Greece
New York City
Level Contributor
1,073 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: HELP! Cruise Port to Super Paradise

Donny.....hmmm something else for me to note once I get there. I would have swore that I paid 3 or 4 E last season. But...then again...that may have been to Paradise, which would make sense.

4 weeks....but who's counting??? :) :)

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
8,019 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: HELP! Cruise Port to Super Paradise

Annie, I miss Greece so much right now I'd gladly pay 8, 10 or even 20 Euros for two tickets to paradise! ;)

I envy you having only four weeks to go ... I've got to wait at least another 40!

Mentioned in this post
Greece
Greece
Europe