We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry from Mykonos to Santorini?

Manchester
Level Contributor
92 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry from Mykonos to Santorini?

Me and my partner are thinking of going to Mykonos this month(end of July) for our holidays for about 4-5 days. We don't have many days and it seems like we might have to get 2 one way flights from the UK to to get the dates we want as most airlines fly to the greek islands only once a week.

If we stay in Mykonos for our whole stay, could we then get a ferry to Santorini? (so that way we could fly back to the uk on the date we want)

Is there a high speed ferry and how long do you reckon it would take us to get to santorini? would this be feasible taking also into the consideration we will have all our luggage with us and having to get from santoriini port to the airport? will there be taxis around the port?

Mentioned in this post
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Athens
Level Contributor
13,950 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry from Mykonos to Santorini?

Hi nitina!

Mykonos - Santorini ( direct ) is done either by catamran or by plane. Take a look at:

www.hellenicseaways.gr/index.asp?a_id=209

http://www.skyexpress.gr/

For both options, check availability before proceeding. Cat, especially is a busy - busy one.

Cat trip is 2hrs 40 mins.

Of course, if you pass by Santorini, most profound is to spend a night there too and not - what a pity - use it just as a transit point.

Mentioned in this post
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Manchester
Level Contributor
92 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry from Mykonos to Santorini?

hi Nick

thanks for the info:) how are you? the cat ferry looks good, will try to get it booked as soon as possible.

I have been to Santorini before but only for a few hours as part of a cruise. Do you reckon we should spend 4 nights in Mykonos and 1 night in Santorini or the other way round ( 4 nights Santorini and then do a day trip to MIkonos or some other nearby island?

we are looking for nice beach, somewhere nice to stay to relax and culture.

Mentioned in this post
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Mykonos Town
Mykonos Town
Mykonos, Greece
Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Athens
Level Contributor
13,950 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry from Mykonos to Santorini?

Hi Nitina, i'm really fine, thank you! ( although i am reeeeally waiting my vacation too in 3 weeks ).

I 'd say split it in two, like 3 in Mykonos and 2 in Santorini, or the opposite.

If you have already visited Santorini, you already know the basics. Nevertheless, even if i have visited it soo many times, i always adore going there once a yr to relax.

Mykonos is quite woow. I wouldn't say that "relaxing" is the term that somebodu can use for this specific island. I am going to visit it too; however tired i am from this winter and desperately need to throw away my cellular and relax, i cannot resist for on - two days of day lounging - day dancing in Super Paradise.

So, i'd say, go for both. First Mykonos to swim and wander around and then to Santorini to relax.

When in Mykonos, don't forget Delos island day visit:

www.culture.gr/2/21/211/21121a/e211ua06.html

As about Santorini, try to exploit some more, walking to Imerovigli, Oia, maybe visitng the volcano and getting to the beaches too.

Both islands are relatively small in size, so easy to explore in a limited stay, but in the same time they are huge on joy opportunities.

Mentioned in this post
Mykonos Town
Mykonos Town
Mykonos, Greece
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Super Paradise Beach
Super Paradise Beach
1,422 Reviews
Mykonos, Greece
Imerovigli
Imerovigli
Santorini, Greece
Oia
Oia
Santorini, Greece
Manchester
Level Contributor
92 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry from Mykonos to Santorini?

thanks for the advice! Both Mykonos and Santorini look like really interesting places in different ways:) will try to get to both even if it's just for a day trip to one of them.

which dates are you in Mykonos? we haven't booked our flights yet but possibly either going on 21st July or the 28th July.

are there any areas of Mykonos that you could recommend to stay at, which are more quiet but you could still get easy transport to the beaches and the town itself?

Mentioned in this post
Mykonos Town
Mykonos Town
Mykonos, Greece
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Athens
Level Contributor
13,950 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry from Mykonos to Santorini?

Hi Nitina!

I 'll be in Mykonos somewhere between Aug 1st and Aug 5th.

When i visit Mykonos i am a visitor too, so, as you can understand, i am not an expert but a simple tourist too. As for locations and hints about Mykonos ask for Annie1128's advice, which is in great knowledge of this spectacular island.

As for Santorini, i am a little more in knowledge, so i am here for any help!

:)

Mentioned in this post
Mykonos Town
Mykonos Town
Mykonos, Greece
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
6. Re: Ferry from Mykonos to Santorini?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 am, August 14, 2009