We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Poseidon hotel and car rental questions?

Palmdale, California
Level Contributor
341 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Poseidon hotel and car rental questions?

I am finalizing our September trip for our 4 day stay; there are so many hotel choices! we would like walking distance into town and pool, budget $200 a night. i am considering Poseidon hotel, but there are 2 listings, one states hotel and the other states suites. The photos look the same but the map shows different locations??? Which is best?

Also how many days would you recommend renting a car? I was thinking 2 days to explore.

Thanks all, love reading the forum each night!

Isle of Wight
Level Contributor
244 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Poseidon hotel and car rental questions?

We stayed at Poseidon last September and suites and standard rooms are on same site. This is a very good hotel within short level walking distance of Town and bus station. The standard rooms were plenty big enough for the two of us.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,692 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Poseidon hotel and car rental questions?

A 2-day car rental would let you see the entire island. I would recommend driving to see the various beach areas that are either not accessible by bus or shuttle boat or that are difficult to reach by local transport (in particular: Agios Sostis, Panormos, Ftelia, Fokos, Lia, Kalafatis and Kalo Livadi. The first four are the island's so-called "virgin" beaches because they aren't commercialized with rows of rental sunbeds and umbrellas.) Agrari, Elia and Super Paradise also would be easier to reach with your rental car.

There are good dining options at all the beaches I mentioned, but the municipal area of Ano Mera (which you will pass through on your way to many of the beaches) has a taverna-lined town square which would be a good place to stop either for lunch or dinner on one of your driveabout days.

scotland
Level Contributor
206 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Poseidon hotel and car rental questions?

We have stayed at the Poseidon over 40 times over the last 21 yrs and love it and its location !! Just back and the breakfasts are getting even better !! The standard rooms are fine for space and most have nice sea views .Great pool and bar also serving very good food .Cant go wrong ! Family run and very friendly

4. Re: Poseidon hotel and car rental questions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 15, 2014