We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beware hotelclub!

wa
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Beware hotelclub!

I booked and paid for a reservation at the Petasos Beach Hotel in Mykonos and was really happy to find availability thru hotelclub.

I received an instant confirmation and the funds were charged to my credit card.

5 weeks later (which was today) i receive an email saying "sorry the hotel is overbooked and we can refer you to another hotel or refund you".!

I'm fuming. I tried to book as early as possible because august is peak season and this is the service you get. They have held onto a considerable amount of my money for over a month and now they can't do anything for us!

I asked that they contact the hotel and express that we booked our whole itinerary around our 8 nights there and have also paid for connecting flights from Australia to Greece etc and to say that we are willing to pay more if they had another type of room available. But hotelclub were not interested in contacting the hotel on our behalf and basically were very very unhelpful or concerned that they have completely ruined our trip.

So please be aware that if you book anything through them even though it says the hotel is available and they confirm your booking with the hotel and after they charge your card they may come back to you a month later and say that you actually don't have a confirmed reservation afterall!

Fuming!

New York City
Level Contributor
1,073 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beware hotelclub!

WOW....A LOT of complaints about Hotelclub this week. I would honestly stay away from these bargain sites. They rarely have "real" deals and you are better off boooking directly with the hotel.

Sorry about this. Did you find an alternative hotel?

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Athens
Level Contributor
13,950 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beware hotelclub!

Hmm.

As Annie correctly says, unfortunately this is the third time in a week that there is an order failure by this specific site.

". . .to say that we are willing to pay more if they had another type of room available.". Please don't do that. This is the most silly way of turning down their responsibility, and making you to be trying to find a solution with the hotel in your won expense.

Please cancel your Hotelclub order, refund, repost your complaints here and go for another hotel under a direct order.

I 'll be happy to have some more news about it.

wa
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beware hotelclub!

Thank you all for your concern.

Well I have now been told that my credit card has been refuned but it will take about 10 days to appear on my account.

It's really strange because when they have sold out of a hotel on their site it usually says so. Now Petasos Beach Hotel has completely disappeared off their website!? Very strange wouldn't you say!

In this situation who is to blame? Hotelclub for overbooking or Petasos for being overbooked? Of course, hotelclub is blaming the hotel.

We will try to call the hotel as our last resort as there prices for a standard room Euro261per night whereas I have been quoted elsewhere (not hotelclub) Euro207.

I am very lucky to have only booked one hotel through hotelclub and booked all my other accommodation directly with the hotels.

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Athens
Level Contributor
13,950 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beware hotelclub!

Unfortunately, Internet hotel booking via big sites and not directly to the hotel may sometimes get in such unconvenient situations.

This is a general error. From what i know, in any hotel in the world, a quantity of the rooms are being handled directly by the hotel, while some are handed over to tour operators and / or web sites. Problem is that what is usually being handled really efficiently by a tour operator may be handled not so good by a web - site.

Since non direct web sites are not in connection with hotel's database or other sites databases, there is always the possibility that the room you are ordering is being ordered by another person in the opossite side of the globe.

So, who to blame? Just in my personal view, a small part of the fault would have to be blamed to the hotel, while the biggest part has to be blamed to the site.

Overall, a hotel must always be responsible for the way its property is being handled by anyone - operator or site. On the other hand, non - direct hotel sites have the biggest part of the fault, since "available" means "available" in my ears, and not "not available".

:)

After all this, i just wish you a good vacation. Sometimes, surprises, even unconvenient ones, add some spice to our vacation. Unless, it gets too spicy of course. . .Enjoy

:)

London
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Beware hotelclub!

I agree with nick-arch .

Hotels give the availability to all these sites

and hotels are responsible to be carefull.

Except that, note that hotels are having the confirmed reservation

1-2 days after is made.

Maybe "hotelclub" made mistakes but probably

the hotel did too.

wa
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Beware hotelclub!

Well I've now (finger's crossed) been able to secure a booking with Petasos afterall. YEAH!

I've booked through a travel agency who I booked my flights with so it's paid for (again) and confirmed.

Let's hope the whole hotelclub incident won't reoccur in a months time!

Thank you for your advice again.

I have learnt a great lesson NOT to book any hotels through hotel resellers websites regardless how professional or large they may seem.

Either book directly with the hotel or via a reputable local travel agent.

Many thanks again and wish me luck!! ;-)

New York City
Level Contributor
1,073 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beware hotelclub!

Best of luck Vespina!!!!!!! I hope it works out for the best!

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Athens
Level Contributor
13,950 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beware hotelclub!

Best of luck!!!

And don't forget: suntan, sunhat and sunglasses. Weather is already hot here and the seas are waiting for all of us!!

Monroe, NC USA
Level Contributor
44 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beware hotelclub!

Not unheard of. What's worse is there's seldom any plausible explanation offered. Last year I worked feverishly, never having cruised, or visited Greece, in January with Windmills, MAC, Venere, and Travelocity. After being bumped similarly by both MAC and Venere, my hunch to go with Travelocity, a California concern, got me a room albeit some distance from the center. I'd wanted to stay at the Elysium but they were consistently lunching. You'll likely find yourself sitting along side someone who got a sweetheart deal. This continues, I believe, because hotel operators must see the websites as fillers. Consider the time differential and telephone the hotel direct but beware no standardization of conditions exist when booking. Regrettably many other clouds dotted the horizon.

10. Re: Beware hotelclub!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, August 16, 2009