We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help!!! Rochari has limited availability and I have never...

New York
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Help!!! Rochari has limited availability and I have never...

Hello Everyone,

I will be in Mykonos as part of my honeymoon in mid-August. I have been to Mykonos twice and stayed at the Rochari. I think its perfect. But, they only have a room with 2 twin beds available and a garden view. Do I book it or try somewhere new? Has anyone stayed at the Poseidon? I love the location and pool at Rochari and those are my main 2 concerns. I would like to stay in town. I can go up to 200 euros a night.

I have one other question I thought I would throw in here. I booked the flying dolphin from Santorini to Mykonos on the ferries. gr site not the Hellenic Seaways site) They emailed me and said to pick up my tickets on board from Mr. George (the man that checks the tickets-so she says) 30min prior to departure. I am extremely worried about this. I will be in Santorini for a week and don't want to find out last minute I have no way to get to Mykonos. Has anyone ever heard of this?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help!!! Rochari has limited availability and I have never...

Hey there,

I stayed at the Rochari for the past 2 years. This year I will be staying at the poseidon also. Location is great & the hotel is great (think they have refurbished it since the last time I stayed there in 2002). From my experience at the poseidon, its mostly aussies & americans that stay there.

The Poseidon is on the same street, just further down, so the location is exactly the same as the Rochari, and I am pretty sure they do transfers & breakfast too.

Good Luck

Uk
Level Contributor
442 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help!!! Rochari has limited availability and I have never...

Hotel tagoo has a fantastic view , great sunsets, like the rochari does and is right above town, above the old port. In fact there are a few hotels on that hillside that have great views and are reasonably priced. I know the Rochari sunsets are FAB, and I love Mary the lady who runs the pool bar...what a laugh she is !

Luton, United...
Level Contributor
907 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help!!! Rochari has limited availability and I have never...

Doogie

I agree with your comments about Mary. Last time I looked at the Rochari's site I saw that she had written the history of the hotel.

EEiggy, I am sorry you couldnt get the room you were looking for but although haven't stayed at the Poseidon I've visited friends there and they liked it a lot.

Best wishes

Jon

london
Level Contributor
186 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help!!! Rochari has limited availability and I have never...

Hi

I like the Kouros...but I have not seen anyone else recommend it! I am just packing to leave for Mykonos in 5 hours time and will be staying at the Kouros again. Room 44 is great but we are being upgraded to a suite this time - which I guess will be good.

http://www.kouros-hotel.com/

New York
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help!!! Rochari has limited availability and I have never...

Thanks to everyone for there kind responses. I am checking out my new options.

Ali24west I hope you have a wonderful time in Mykonos.

Uk
Level Contributor
442 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Help!!! Rochari has limited availability and I have never...

Kouros is super cool too....there are many cool spots. Kouros can be a bit pricey sometimes though but I am friends with a receptionist there, Poppy, she is a love !!!

7. Re: Help!!! Rochari has limited availability and I have never...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, August 15, 2009