We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel on beach

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
3,088 posts
143 reviews
Save Topic
hotel on beach

Best priced hotel on the beach in Sept... not fancy long as it is clean...Thanks

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
8,009 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel on beach

What do you consider to be a "best price," in Euros (per night)? There's a wide range of price points for hotels on Mykonos, from basic to luxury.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
3,088 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel on beach

Well I looked at Adonis and it is 126 Ago 85 so that seems to be not too bad.. I think???

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
8,009 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel on beach

Neither the Adonis nor the Argo are right on a beach. Argo is closer to a beach than Adonis, though. Some hotels that are located beachside include Acrogiali, Mykonos Palace, Kosmoplatz and Bonatsa at Platis Gialos beach, and Mykonos Bay Hotel at Megali Ammos beach. Agia Anna Paraga Studios is just a few steps from a small beach in between Platis Gialos and Paraga.

Check their sites for prices. Rates usually vary depending upon how early you are travelling in September, so you'll have to plug in your specific travel dates.

Mentioned in this post
Paraga
Paraga
Mykonos, Greece
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
3,088 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel on beach

Thanks I will Sounds like u know the area well.

Twyning, United...
Level Contributor
481 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel on beach

If beach is more important than town, and you want something that is a bit more remote, consider Mykonos Star or Mykonos Thea, just on one of the most unspoilt beaches, Agios Sostis. A female friend of mine stayed there last year and loved the way she could blend in with the locals,

Mentioned in this post
Agios Sostis
Agios Sostis
Mykonos, Greece
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
359 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel on beach

In Agios Sostis you will have the north wind blowing night and day.

http://tinyurl.com/cnbp7ct

C.

Mentioned in this post
Agios Sostis
Agios Sostis
Mykonos, Greece
Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
8,009 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel on beach

Remote indeed ... you'll need a rental car if you stay at Agios Sostis since it isn't served by the local bus system and there is nothing nearby in terms of restaurants (apart from Kikis Taverna, which doesn't stay open very late), shopping, entertainment or other attractions.

If you want to stay close to a beach but still be able to get to and from all the restaurants, bars, clubs, shopping and attractions of Mykonos Town easily, check hotel listings for Platis Gialos & Ornos. Megali Ammos is another area to consider, right on the edge of town, but it's only a mediocre beach.

Mentioned in this post
Agios Sostis
Agios Sostis
Mykonos, Greece
Mykonos Town
Mykonos Town
Mykonos, Greece
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
3,088 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotel on beach

Thanks all Donnyb I am sure I will have more questions for you later.. flights and cruise booked..now on to details..

9. Re: hotel on beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 11, 2014