We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tavernas w/ traditional Greek dancing

Which Mykonos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
Level Contributor
196 posts
376 reviews
Save Topic
tavernas w/ traditional Greek dancing

I will be in Mykonos in August and would love to go to some tavernas where the waiters suddenly break out into traditional Greek dancing, and maybe even persuade restaurant patrons to join in the fun. Does anyone have the names and/or locations for these types of tavernas, particularly around Hora? I'd also love to go to some tavernas where there is still plate smashing. Any ideas? Thanks!

New York City
Level Contributor
1,073 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tavernas w/ traditional Greek dancing

Not too much of this going on in Mykonos. The Petinos on Platis Yialos has Greek Night every Wednesday with dancing. Possibly some plate smashing, but I haven't been there in many years, so I am not 100% positive. In Town, there is a nightclub called La Notte that features Greek singers and it can be very fun. No dancing waiters or anything like that. But in Mykonos....ya never know!

2. Re: tavernas w/ traditional Greek dancing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, August 12, 2009