We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mykonos Hotels

Miami Beach
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Mykonos Hotels

Hi, we are spending our honeymoon in Greece this September. We are doing Athens, Mykonos and Santorini. We are currently booked at Santa Marina but we are not sold. We are booked at Katikies in Santorini and that looks great. Anyway, we are looking for Mykonos' best hotel for a honeymoon. How would you rank the following?

Santa Marina

Hotel Cavo Tagoo

Grecotel Mykonos Blu

Petasos Beach

Belvedre looks awesome for my bachelor party but not the honeymoon...

What do you guys think? did I miss any? Looking to keep it under $700 a night US

Thanks

Miami Beach
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mykonos Hotels

What about Kivotos Club Hotel?

New York City
Level Contributor
1,073 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mykonos Hotels

I would definite choose either Mykonos Blu or Kiviotos. I have been to Kivotos and it very posh. The restaurant at the hotel is called Mediteraneo and it is also fabulous. Out of the 2, I prefer the location of the Mykonos Blu though.. I don't think you could go wrong with either and I think for $700/night you can get a room with a private pool at Blu.

I am booked at the Petasos for this coming August and I keep hearing rave reviews of their new addition and renovation. But I can't give you a first hand account of how it compares yet. WHen in September is your honeymoon? Rates go down at most hotels after September 1 and even lower after the 15th.

Santa Marina is not at all what it used to be. They definitely need to renovate. And Cavo Tagoo is very nice, but not up to par with Mykonos Blu and Kivotos. As you figured out, Belvedere is NOT for honeymooners!

Miami Beach
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mykonos Hotels

Thank you for your advice. We will be in Greece from 9/12 through 9/22. Two nights at St George in Athens, 3 nights in Mykonos and 5 at Katikies in Santorini. I mispoke in my initial post. The Santa Marina rate is $450 a night U.S.

New York City
Level Contributor
1,073 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mykonos Hotels

$450 a night at the Santa Marina in mid-septemeber is highway robbery. Mykonos Blu will be around the same amount and is a MUCH better accomodation. Katikies and the St George are both fabulous as well!

New York
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Mykonos Hotels

I am also going to Greece on my Honeymoon in September and have booked the Santa Marina for 3 nights.

Is this a huge mistake? Is the place a dumb and I will be extremely disappointed?

Please advise.

Miami Beach
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mykonos Hotels

I booked my trip via Amex /Classic vacations and they were pushing Santa Marina... Must be the Starwood connection thing. I'm working on changing now

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mykonos Hotels

You've got be careful re the Starwood/LHW (Leading Hotels of the World) properties...some are great...others, questionable...reserearch them independant of their reps cause Amex and others will obviously push to sell their allotments!

New York
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Mykonos Hotels

Groovejet....why are you changing your reservation? Are you changing based on a few people's opinions on this forum of the Santa Marina or do you have other information that you can share. I

I am just curious as I am in the same situation as you.

I am more concerned that the hotel is "tired" and the rooms are not nice vs the poor service that people have said on this forum.

Let me know what hotel you are trying to change too.

Thx.

Miami Beach
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mykonos Hotels

When I planned the Honeymoon a few months ago I did extensive research on Santorini and almost none on Mykonos. Not sure why. The travel agent pushed Santa Marina as the best hotel there bar none. so I just went with that. I figured Santorini/Katikies was my splurge hotel etc. I recently started reading some reviews on Santa Marina and they were poor. If it was a good rate I;d probably just stay but it's no bargain.

New York
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Mykonos Hotels

This discussion is SO weird as I feel like I am going on vacation with you! We are getting married in Sept and pretty much mirrored you itinerary. We are also staying a few nights at Santa Marina and doing Katikies in Santorini. We had the same mind set of splurging for Katikies and toning it down somewhat in Mykonos.

What hotels are you looking to change too?

I am thinking I might hold on Santa Marina. Can it be that bad??? It certainly can't be a dump....can it? We got a Deluxe Room with a strong possibility to an upgrade.

When are you going? We will be there on Sept 19th.