We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Mykonos in August 2013

Which Mykonos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scotch Plains, New...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Trip to Mykonos in August 2013

Hi, my GF and I are traveling to Mykonos from August 28th to September 5th of this year. I have been to Mykonos once before as part of an "island hopping" trip...and i fell in love with the island.

i have 2 questions that i hope people can help me with.

1. we are considering staying at the mykonos grand hotel, it is within our price range and seems to be very popular destination for an upscale experience.

Our priorities are being able to comute to super paradise beach, as well as maybe having another beach close to the hotel we can go to other days. We also would like to have a nice, relaxing time...i would like to stay away from too much craziness :) (a little crazy is ok!)

2. we love dining, and food in greece in general. where can i find a good guide to Mykonos restaurants? i would love to plan out our time in Mykonos in terms of what restaurants we are going to visit etc...

thank you for your help in advance.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,250 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Mykonos in August 2013

1. The Grand gets consistent top ratings, especially for customer service. I'm sure you will enjoy staying there.

Unless you have a rental car, your only option for getting to Super Paradise will be by taking one of the shuttle boats from either Ornos or Platis Gialos. Ornos is walking distance (all downhill) from the Mykonos Grand (or you could take one of the local buses to get there if it's too hot to walk).

Besides Ornos beach being within walking distance of the Grand, you'll have your choice of Agios Ioannis beach below the hotel, of course, as well as Kapari beach a 15-minute walk from Ag Ioannis.

I have posted photos of Kapari, Ag Ioannis, Ornos and other beaches in my Flickr album at this link: www.flickr.com/photos/mygreecetravelblog/ The photos are in the collection entitled "Mykonos Greece 2012", and will give you a good idea of what the beaches and surrounding areas look like.

2. For restaurant information, see the "Mykonos Restaurants 2012" thread of posts that I added to the "Top Questions About Mykonos" box at the top right corner of this page.

Scotch Plains, New...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Mykonos in August 2013

this is great information. thank you!!

outside of the Mykonos Grand, are there other hotels that are considered top of the line for experience? i really want to make this a memorable trip for my and my GF.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,250 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Mykonos in August 2013

I've heard favourable feedback about Cavo Tagoo and Bill & Coo, as well as the Saint John Mykonos, but have heard more good things about the Grand than all the other high-end hotels combined. I haven't stayed at the Grand yet myself, but have stayed at its sister hotel, the Petasos Beach Resort & Spa at Platis Gialos. That was a great spot, but some guests there who had previously stayed at the Grand told me the service, views and atmosphere were more impressive at the Grand.

Twyning, United...
Level Contributor
481 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to Mykonos in August 2013

Cavo Tagoo is top dollar for price, but the service is fantastic and the rooms amazing. Bill and Coo offer similar luxury at a fraction of the price.

1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip to Mykonos in August 2013

Hopefully you are up for mykonos on steroids. The last week of August is Gay-Euro-Mykonos, where most of gay europe ends up in Mykonos to party. Two of my favorite restaurants are at the Beverdere Hotel. There is a Nobu sushi restaurant, as well as an incredible italian-Greek restaurant. If you can handle all the "boys" make sure to head to Elysium for sunset cocktails--- it's at the top of the town, and then cocktails at Jackie-o's

have fun

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip to Mykonos in August 2013

and make sure your wallet is bursting and your credit cards can take it....mykonos tops as one of the most expensive Greek destinations now, end of Aug is peak busy...

Bill & Coo is very nice but not cheap...

eating out or going to the beach even is becoming uber expensive...Jackie O's now have on the beach, at super paradise as well as the night bar in town.

you will spend a fortune but it is the place to be and be seen...

the places you mention above for eating top of your wallet, donnyb has a comprehensive foody guide.

7. Re: Trip to Mykonos in August 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 15, 2014