We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a cheap hotel in Mykonos

UK
Level Contributor
21 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Need a cheap hotel in Mykonos

Hi all

I need a room for me and 2 children for one night in Mykonos in August. We have flights out of Mykonos and we will have been staying in Naxos. I can't find anything less that £88 for the night! Can anyone suggest somewhere cheap and cheerful please? It doesn't have to have a pool and I don't mind if we are not in the main town area.

Thanks in advance

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,535 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need a cheap hotel in Mykonos

August is peak period and that means peak rates, hence that's why you're having trouble finding cheap and cheerful accommodations.

Can't think of any specific properties to recommend but suggest you check out the Mykonos Accommodation Centre website, which has a number of listings for 1- and 2-star hotels, plus pensions and studios: mykonos-accommodation.com/mykonos-accommodat…

The listings show a few photos of each property along with the room rates. There is an online booking engine but it usually is unavailable unless you are booking for 3 nights or longer, especially at peak season -- which you're not planning to do. You might have to email some of the properties to inquire about availability.

UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
2,951 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need a cheap hotel in Mykonos

For a cheap and cheerful place try the Drafaki Hotel ( www.drafaki.com ). It's just outside the town and handy for the airport.

Edited: 6:37 pm, November 10, 2012
Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,535 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need a cheap hotel in Mykonos

Just recalled another hotel you could consider, also in the Drafaki area -- Hotel Milena: http://www.hotelmilena.gr/

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
44 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need a cheap hotel in Mykonos

Looks to me that the Milena is way over your budget, going by current exchange rates. You could always try the Hotel Artemis, which would almost certainly provide a port pick-up and airport drop-off, something you'd require due to the taxi situation at this time of year. Email to confirm - they are nice people. It's marginally over your budget, but not as much as the Milena. www.artemishotel.net

5. Re: Need a cheap hotel in Mykonos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 23, 2013