We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Selection - Beach or Town

phil
Level Contributor
145 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Selection - Beach or Town

First visit to Greece/Mykonos and want to enjoy both beach and nightlife. Trying to understand the options and ramifications for both when selecting our hotel location; on the beach or Mykonos town.

I've read taxis are scarce and buses stop running fairly early so transport late from the nightclubs to a beach hotel may present a problem, favoring a hotel within walking distance in Mykonos town.

If we stay in town, what are the transportation options to the beach during the day. If we rent a scooter or car is there adequate parking at the various beaches? Appreciate any help.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,701 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Selection - Beach or Town

What's your preference .... staying in a busy "urban" area where you'll be walking distance to bars, clubs, shops and restaurants, or staying at a quieter and considerably less crowded beach area and "commuting" to the clubs to party? If late-night partying is the prime purpose of your trip, stay in or close to Mykonos Town.

I mentioned transport options from Town to beach in my response to your other post.

Parking at beaches shouldn't be an issue. If parking lots are full, people park on the side of the roads leading to the beaches.

Mason City, Iowa
Level Contributor
2,628 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Selection - Beach or Town

We prefer to stay in town. It's so convenient and you don't have the hassle of parking, queuing for a taxi, or juggling a bus schedule we stay at the Rochari and find the hotel a great, convenient place to stay. The views from your balcony are awesome. The Anastasios Sevasti ( up the hill) is a cheaper alternate. Both have pools if it's too windy for the beach.

Essex
Level Contributor
1,095 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Selection - Beach or Town

You have been misinformed about buses stopping fairly early. A fortnight ago the last bus to Paradise was at 2am and I think the last bus to Platy Gialos was at 3am. In August they'll probably be running until at least 4am. When there are big parties at the two clubs on Paradise beach the buses to and from there continue to run through the night.

Buses to beaches such as Elia do however stop earlier.

phil
Level Contributor
145 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Selection - Beach or Town

Thank you !. This has been my biggest concern in planning a trip as we'd prefer not to have to drive on our own. I suspect it is entirely my fault for searching for info on bus service and not realizing posts were referencing non-peak time periods on Mykonos. Thanks again to all of you for replying!

Regards!

5. Re: Hotel Selection - Beach or Town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, September 30, 2013