We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel for 30 something

California
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Hotel for 30 something

We're a few girls in our 30's looking for some fun and relaxation in Mykonos. We're game to party a bit but nothing wild-n-crazy. We would like to find a charming and clean hotel in walking distance to the nightlife but far enough to get some relaxation in at night.

I'd like to stay within a 150 Euro budget if possible.

We'll be in Mykonos for 3 nights in the beginning of June. Thanks, in advance, for your replies.

New York City
Level Contributor
1,073 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel for 30 something

Rochari Villas, Harmony Hotel or San Antonio Summerland. All are within walking distance to the action, but far enough away that you are not in the dead center. June is not so crazy at all anyway, so you guys shouldn't have an issue.

California
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel for 30 something

Thanks Annie. I actually e-mailed Rochari several times but no reply so far. The Summerland had some pretty bad reviews though. I'll check on Harmony. If any other hotels come to mind though, I welcome the suggestions.

By the way, should I pre-book our ferry back to Athens or will I be ok if I just purchase the tickets when I get to Greece?

Thanks for your time!

New York City
Level Contributor
1,073 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel for 30 something

No need to pre-book the ferry when going in June. But if you feel more comfortable doing so, then booking on-line is safe.

Let's see....Hotel Kouros, Hotel Semeli (may be a bit over your budget) are others that come to mind as being clean and nice. Are you completely adverse to staying on the beach? Platis Yialos is the most convenient.

Huntington Station...
Level Contributor
87 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel for 30 something

Hi just booked the rochari hotel for the 2nd week in june. We stayed there last year and it was great. Charming hotel, very clean and wonderful friendly staff. Very close to the center of town a 5 min walk down a nice safe walkway. Check out there website www.Rochari.com you can e-mail them from there. enjoy!

California
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel for 30 something

Annie,

I will check out Platis Yialos. I didn't really even think about staying at the beach but I will check out Platis Yialos (thank you). How far is that from town?

Katalina,

I e-mailed Rochari @ the site you posted. It's been a week and they haven't responded. Do you have an e-mail address for them aside from the rochari.com site?

Thank you again!

Huntington Station...
Level Contributor
87 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel for 30 something

Hi tripmeout

Regarding the "Rochari Hotel" the email address that they sent my confirmation on was rohari@otenet.gr You can try reaching them on that and see if you get a response. They have always emailed me back the next day so maybe they did not get your first request. It's a great place to stay really nice staff and very close to town. Most people we met last summer go back there year after year because they are so nice. Great pool and nice breakfast served late on the terrace. Can't wait to go back!!

California
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel for 30 something

Hey Katalina,

Thank you for the address. I'll e-mail them again. I was gonna give up on it but since you liked it so much I'll give them another shout out :) It must be a great place since you're willing to go back again. I appreciate your time and response!

By the way, I understand it's a bit on a hill. Does the taxi go up to the hotel or do I have to lug my luggage up? Not that big of a deal really, I was just wondering. If ya think of any other helpful hints for my Greece trip, suggestions are always welcome.

New York City
Level Contributor
1,073 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel for 30 something

Rochari is an EXCELLENT choice. But they do have their "regular" clientele..so hopefully they get back to you soon. They are on the hill, but no need to carry up luggage because they are accessible by taxi. No worries there.

FYI... Platys Yialos is a 5 minute taxi ride into town. Or about 12-15 minutes on the bus.

Huntington Station...
Level Contributor
87 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel for 30 something

Hi tripmeout

Hopefully you heard back from Rochari its a great place to stay. They will pick you up for free from either the ferry or the airport so you don't have to worry about a taxi.The Rochari Hotel is located on the road right by the bus station so you don't have to worry about walking up any steep hills. I would recommend renting a car to see the island, it's an easy way to get to all the beaches and not that hard to find your way around. Just make sure you ask for an automatic if you can't drive a stick. Last summer we rented one of those cute smart cars which was fun to drive but hard getting up the hills driving the stick shift. You'll have a great time Mykonos is beautiful!!