We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in September

Which Mykonos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
6 posts
Save Topic
Weather in September

Hi. . .

We're planning a holiday in the Greek islands in September, but we're not sure which island has the best weather in Sept. What's key is rainfall - we're not terribly bothered if temperature gets much above 25 degrees. But, of all Greek islands, we've read that Mykonos has the least amount of rainfall in September. Is that true? Is Mykonos pretty much a rain-free island in Sept?

Thanks

pym
Liege, Belgium
Level Contributor
41 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in September

Hi,

I used to go each year to Mykonos in September. I 've never had rain but with the strong wind it can be sometimes cool (wind from the north) specially in late afternoon and in the evening.

Edited: 7:05 am, July 14, 2012
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in September

rain unlikely anywhere much in the greek islands in that region or further south in Sept.

maybe an odd thunderstorm but not often.

wind...hmm sometimes very yes.

i would pack a fleece for the evening if you are on a scooter or quad bike or wanna sit on the harbour in the evening as it can get v breezy...

after around 16 Sept you notice a change in the cyclades... Autumn is coming but you should still have nice weather.

it wont be el scorchio then just nice usually.

days are shorter but the sea is warm.

its def warmer down south rhodes symi halki etc

crete has dodgy weather sometime later in season

Edited: 11:36 am, July 14, 2012
3. Re: Weather in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 pm, July 17, 2013