We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diving in Mykonos? Horseback Riding? Great hikes?

Which Mykonos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
atlanta, georgia
Level Contributor
84 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Diving in Mykonos? Horseback Riding? Great hikes?

My family of 4 has 1 day in Mykonos from cruise ship and would like to go scuba diving if it is available. Any recommendations?

If not, we are interested in a great hike or horseback riding trip/

Thanks for any help

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,250 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Diving in Mykonos? Horseback Riding? Great hikes?

Hi bus64walking: I posted links to several Mykonos dive centers in the following post: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g189430-i401-k5370…

There is a new dive center, Go Dive, which is situated at Lia beach: http://www.godivemykonos.com/

You can reach Paradise, Platis Gialos and Ornos beaches by local bus service, but you would have to take a taxi or arrange other transportation to get to Kalafatis or Lia beaches. Some of the dive centers do provide transfer services, however, so be sure to inquire if you could be picked up at your cruise ship. Return taxis would be expensive so definitely ask about transfers.

Horseland offers horsebacking riding. Their website is: www.horseland.gr

Unlike some other islands in Greece, Mykonos doesn't have a network of footpaths or donkey trails that are popular with hikers. On Mykonos, you just follow main and secondary roads to get from one beach area, for instance, to another.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,250 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Diving in Mykonos? Horseback Riding? Great hikes?

Just found a brochure I picked up for Kalafati Dive Center ... it says they offer free pick up service if more than 2 people will be diving. You can get more info from Waldemar by emailing him at: waldemar@otenet.gr

atlanta, georgia
Level Contributor
84 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Diving in Mykonos? Horseback Riding? Great hikes?

Thank so much for the info. I will look into all the dive info you sent.

London, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Diving in Mykonos? Horseback Riding? Great hikes?

Hi! I walked from platis gialos - agia anna - paraga - paradise. Great views! Nice hiking.

I also enjoyed walking from agios ioannis - ornos - mykonos town.

Mykonos, Greece
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Diving in Mykonos? Horseback Riding? Great hikes?

Diving in Mykonos

GoDive Mykonos offer free transfer (to and return) from their diving base. I agree that transportation it’s very important matter for everybody, especially in Mykonos. Moreover, in high season you are not able to find a taxi so easy.

6. Re: Diving in Mykonos? Horseback Riding? Great hikes?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 25, 2014