We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guide or boat to Delos Oct 31

CA
Level Contributor
652 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Guide or boat to Delos Oct 31

We are getting into Mykonos on Oct 31. Our cruise ship is at port 7 am - 6 pm. Seems I can't find either boats or guides going to Delos since the tourist season is over.

Any suggestions or know any tours still running?

Mykonos Tour
Sightseeing Tours
Monastery of Panayia Tourliani
Sacred & Religious Sites, Sightseeing Tours
Guide me in Greece
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Archaeology Tours
Luton, United...
Level Contributor
909 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guide or boat to Delos Oct 31

hi ddame1

Yes, the boats will be operating and from the old port in Mykonos town. The first usually leaves at 09:00 and then hourly to noon. The winter schedule for Delos opening times and the tour boats starts the following day, 1st November.

If you do the tour on your own expect to pay 15 euro for the boat trip then an additional 5 euro entrance fee at the site.

Here are two companies that offer the full tour, including guide. If that's your preference drop them an email to confirm their tour will be operating on 31st October (I have a feeling they may stop the accompanied tours mid-October):-

www.windmillstravel.com/tourone.php…

http://mykonos-accommodation.com/delos.htm

Jon

Mentioned in this post
Mykonos Town
Mykonos Town
Mykonos, Greece
CA
Level Contributor
652 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guide or boat to Delos Oct 31

Thanks for the ferry info. At least I know we can get there if needed.

You are right about the tours stopping 10/15. I never got a response from Windmill tours, and Mykonos accommodation said to check back by 10/15 for status.

Mentioned in this post
Mykonos Town
Mykonos Town
Mykonos, Greece
3. Re: Guide or boat to Delos Oct 31

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 03, 2010