We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Superjet from Mykonos to Santorini

singapore
Level Contributor
197 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Superjet from Mykonos to Santorini

Hi All,

I am trying to book a ferry for 7th October from Mykonos to Santorini.

I can see Superjet for that day but on the danae.gr site till a few days back they said there have been too many cancellations with superjet so they don't recommend booking it and today I see there is no tie up with them anymore.

If I decide to take a side trip to Paros too its Superjet so I am a bit confused. Should I go ahead and book with superjet which is available for booking on all other sites with the exception of Danae? Are they that unreliable?

I have checked air option too and with Olympic Air, its costing us 250EUR for 2 which is a tad expensive for us. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Mykonos Town
Mykonos Town
Mykonos, Greece
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Paros
Paros
Cyclades, Greece
Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Superjet from Mykonos to Santorini

If you can alter your itinerary +/- a day, you will have another choice, FlyingCat 4. Unfortunately, 7th Oct is one of it's no-sail Wednesdays. You don't need to pre-book ferries in October - there will be empty seats on all the ferries.

singapore
Level Contributor
197 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Superjet from Mykonos to Santorini

Hello,

Thank you so much for replying. I didn't know there was a wednesday's no sail day, so am stuck now, coz my return from Santorini to athens is booked already n I can't change the flight.

Am considering booking the side trip to Paros and should that cancel, as Brotherlee suggested, the 1:45pm direct to Santorini ferry might still be on. What do u think?

Thank u.

Mentioned in this post
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Paros
Paros
Cyclades, Greece
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
13,355 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Superjet from Mykonos to Santorini

I have taken the Seajet from Mykonos <> Paros on a number of occasions and never had a problem, that's the reality of it, so by all means use it. Just buy tickets in Mykonos/Paros/Santorini they will also know the latest position.

It is the other Seajets that have been having some problems this year. So don't worry about it, too much theory on here, I do use it and as I say no problems.

It is not necessary to book any ferry via websites.

The worst that can happen is you go the next day, it is always advisable to have some flexibility.

Mentioned in this post
Mykonos Town
Mykonos Town
Mykonos, Greece
Paros
Paros
Cyclades, Greece
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
3,205 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Superjet from Mykonos to Santorini

In August Superjet was sailing on a route from Piraeus to Milos, Folegandros, Santorini, Amorgos and Koufonissi. There were a lot of days when it missed out some islands or didn't sail due to high winds. I think it's unlikely that in October there will be high winds. As other people have said, it won't be full so you don't need to buy tickets until the day that you want to travel then you'll know what the position is. Hotels and other accommodation won't be full in October either so you don't need to worry about getting stranded without accommodation should any of the ferries not sail due to weather.

Mentioned in this post
Piraeus
Piraeus
Piraeus Region, Greece
Milos
Milos
Cyclades, Greece
Folegandros
Folegandros
Cyclades, Greece
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Amorgos
Amorgos
Cyclades, Greece
Koufonissi
Koufonissi
Cyclades, Greece
Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Superjet from Mykonos to Santorini

If you have to travel on the 7th, recommend you plan on the 1000 SeaJet 2 to Paros, connecting with the 1155 Blue Star to Santorini. That way you have two chances to get to Santorini that day in the event one of the ferries from Mykonos is cancelled - if SeaJet 2 doesn't sail, there is still the 1445 Superjet.

Although overall sailing time is longer, you will arrive on Santorini nearly an hour earlier on Blue Star. It is a large coventional ferry, smoother sailing than the catamarans in bad weather. You can stand on the outside deck with Blue Star, taking in views of Santorini as you sail into the caldera.

Mentioned in this post
Paros
Paros
Cyclades, Greece
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Mykonos Town
Mykonos Town
Mykonos, Greece
UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
3,205 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Superjet from Mykonos to Santorini

Heimdall's advice is wise, I always. I hadn't actually looked at the times and the alternatives.

singapore
Level Contributor
197 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Superjet from Mykonos to Santorini

Thank you all for your replies, I am feeling a bit relieved and since October isn't going to be full ferry wise, I shall take your advice and get to Mykonos and accordingly book our tickets out.

A week more to go and can't wait...thank u once again.

Mentioned in this post
Mykonos Town
Mykonos Town
Mykonos, Greece
Kansas City...
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Superjet from Mykonos to Santorini

I am also trying to book sea transport from Mykonos to Santorini, except I'm trying to travel on Tuesday the 13th of October. However, I'm having trouble finidng anything. I'd rather not have to fly there via Athens. Should I just assume that ferries will be available that day to Santorini? Or do I need to start worrying?

Mentioned in this post
Mykonos Town
Mykonos Town
Mykonos, Greece
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,208 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Superjet from Mykonos to Santorini

Superjet on 07.10 actually departs at 13.45h and not 14.45 on 07.10.

Furthermore since it's not showing up on GTP and its site, I'd definitely have a plan C in the making.

Regarding the Mykonos-Santorini FC4 sailing, it ends 11.10 last day.

So, other alternative is simply what others repeatedly add,Seajet 10.00-10.40 to Paros, and then connect 11.55am with Blue Star Paros for Santorini {2 diff tickets/2 diff bookings}

Mentioned in this post
Mykonos Town
Mykonos Town
Mykonos, Greece
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Paros
Paros
Cyclades, Greece
Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Superjet from Mykonos to Santorini

Good observation from Diana. Superjet is showing up on the OpenSeas website as departing Mykonos at 1345, but not showing up on GTP.gr at all. In this instance I would believe GTP.gr, and go with the 1000 SeaJet 2, not relying on Superjet sailing that day. Once you get to Paros, there is no problem going on from there to Santorini.

October is the month when ferry service between Mykonos and Paros/Santorini ends. From 12th October FlyingCat 4 sails only between Heraklion and Santorini, not going to Mykonos again until next Spring. After 25th October SeaJet 2 stops sailing between Mykonos and Paros.

Mentioned in this post
Paros
Paros
Cyclades, Greece
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Mykonos Town
Mykonos Town
Mykonos, Greece
Heraklion
Heraklion