We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gays in Mykonos

Orange County, CA
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Gays in Mykonos

My wife and I are planning to go to Mykonos the last week of June. I understand that Mykonos is a gay freindly destination but is it predominately gay during this time of year? We have no problem with gay people (as a matter of fact they can be a lot of fun to party with) but as a mid-thirties heterosexual couple, will we be the minority?

Athens - Greece
Level Contributor
2,496 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Gays in Mykonos

Not in any case mtnbkrr. Mykonos being gay gay friendly destination does not mean that you will be a minority there. Very many heterosexual couples vacate in Mykonos to enjoy the amazing nightlife and lovely beaches.

AtHeNaS.....

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gays in Mykonos

no mtnbkrr...im straight and myconos is an all year destination for me...gays have their own places and they dont bother anyone....myconos is a place for everyone...a free place with all the meaning of the word; )

New York City
Level Contributor
1,073 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gays in Mykonos

No way. There are many gays, but not as many in June than in August first of all. Herteros are still the "majority" no matter when you go. You will have a blast.

Orange County, CA
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Gays in Mykonos

Very helpful, thanks everyone!

Italy
Level Contributor
83 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gays in Mykonos

I had the same concerns as you mtnbkrr, going there in August with my husband, and I posted a couple of questions on this forum regarding it. But people were right and it definitely is a place where everyone is welcome! We're not even that big on partying and still had an excellent time on Mykonos.

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
10,758 posts
451 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gays in Mykonos

we had a blast with a gay couple that went on the trip to delos with us. they fell in love with our guide!!! and we all had beers at the marina later. fun