We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mykonos to Hydra-Ferry or fly

Which Mykonos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Mykonos to Hydra-Ferry or fly

We are leaving Mykonos on Monday 28 Sept and checking in to Hotel Nefeli, Hydra, on the same day. Cannot find an early ferry to Pireaus so I can get a connecting ferry to Hydra on the same day.I could fly over with Aegean Air but it is more expensive. Athens Airways is cheaper but their schedule is only up to 27 Sept. Any Suggestions? Thanks.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,008 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mykonos to Hydra-Ferry or fly

Take the 'Theologos' to Rafina at 07:30 gets you to Rafina by 12:00 then bus to Athens(Mavromateon St) > Metro(Victoria Sq 2 blocks west) to Piraeus > Hydra.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mykonos to Hydra-Ferry or fly

Thanks for your help Retired Hippy.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
61 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mykonos to Hydra-Ferry or fly

Hi blixxx1

I'm wanting the opposite trip. Hydra to Mykonos, but I don't want to go via Athens - I guess there is no direct.

How long does this take (your way)? Thanks in advance.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mykonos to Hydra-Ferry or fly

Hello nyctocanada,

there is no direct ferry from Hydra to Mykonos or vice versa, must change at Pireaus. Aegean Speed Lines are releasing their schedule next week for 28th September. I noticed their current timetable is to leave Pireaus for Mykonos at 8am or 4.30pm however no services Tuesday and Thursday. The travel time for Speedrunner 3 is four hours.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
61 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mykonos to Hydra-Ferry or fly

Hi Blixxx1

thanks for the reply.

When you say 3 hours does that include: ride from Mykonos to Piraeus and from Piraeus to Hydra?

We booked 3 nights in Athens and two in Hydra, but I was thinking of dumping either an Athens night or a Hydra night to go to Mykonos instead..

stockton on tees
Level Contributor
1,251 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mykonos to Hydra-Ferry or fly

looking at www.gtp.gr, the earliest ferry from hydra to piraeus leaves at 6.55am and arrives at piraeus at 8.30am this means you cannot get any of the early ferries to mykonos and would need to rely on the 4.30pm aegean speedlines but this is down as a friday only service.there is an hellenic seawatys regular ferry scheduled for 6.30pm and this seems to run most days.unfortunately,your trip is not a straightforward one so good luck in arranging.in addition to the above site, www.hsw.gr may help with timetable info

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,208 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Mykonos to Hydra-Ferry or fly

Hi blixxx1,

schedules are due to end for speedrunner3 on 27.09, unless additional schedules due to demand have been programmed now. Have you recvd verification that this may be the case? Otherwise, it is best to rely on Hellenic seaways which have definite schedules,

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mykonos to Hydra-Ferry or fly

Hi nyctocanada,

you need more time for the ferry trip. Mykonos to Pireaus takes 4 hours with Speedrunner3 then the trip from Pireaus to Hydra is about 1.5 hours. Also you need time to change ferries at Pireaus. It looks like you need minimum 6 hours.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mykonos to Hydra-Ferry or fly

Hi Dianabiz,

I received an email from Aegean Speed Lines re: Mykonos to Pireaus Mon 28 Sept. They say the Speedrunner3 will depart Mykonos 13.30 pm and arrive Pireaus 17.30 pm. Only that day was mentioned and I'm not sure about a return trip. Schedules and sales are due out next week so I will check next Monday 7 Sept for this.

10. Re: Mykonos to Hydra-Ferry or fly

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 03, 2010