We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATMs that will take "PLUS" debit cards??

Which Mykonos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
8 posts
Save Topic
ATMs that will take "PLUS" debit cards??

Hello

I am from canada and my bank card is on teh PLUS network which I believe is through Visa, I couldnt really find any ATMs via teh website. Its starting to worry me because I am not bringing a Visa and didnt want to bring just travellers cheques. Anyone who has travelled there are there ATMs that will accept my card? Really need to know becaus ethe second part of my trip is on a cruise, also do teh banks cash travellers cheques and what kind of charges are there?

Any info is greatly appreciated

Kelly

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,072 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ATMs that will take "PLUS" debit cards??

Kelly, I used my PLUS network CIBC bank card without problem on four islands (Mykonos, Santorini, Naxos and Paros) and in Athens erlier this summer, as well as during my Greek Islands holiday last summer (Mykonos, Santorini, Rhodes and Crete).

The only problem I encountered was that some machines did not provide receipts, but the transactions went through without incident.

Some retailers told me the ATMs on the islands often don't work for many overseas customers, but I have never had a problem getting cash.

Canada
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: ATMs that will take "PLUS" debit cards??

donnyb

Thank you very much, that eases my mind alot I still plan to grab some euro travellers just in case but I prefer to grab atm withdraws a couple times...

Kelly