We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay and what to do?

Which Mykonos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC
1 post
Save Topic
Where to stay and what to do?

Me and my wife are going to Mykanos for two nights in 2nd week of september, I wanted to know what is a good place to stay and some good places to party.

We are both 30 years old and currently live in downtown washington DC. We like more of a lounge atmosphere rather then clubs. We wanted to stay in a hotel which is walkable from nighlife but not too expensive about 150 euros per night. any suggestions on nightlife, where to stay, and good beaches to visit during the daytime?

Thanks in advance for your help

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay and what to do?

great places to stay in these rates are www.mykonostheoxenia.gr located in the centre of myconos town....although peacefull place and in walking distance from everywhere ....there is a cheap also choice where you can have a little suite not more than 100 euros per day with excllent service abd especially breakfast..(the owner has the best bakery on the island; ) www.pelican-mykonos.com for nightlife dont miss a drink to caprice bar at little venice ...must also is a visit to el pecado club....great place with nice views of the town...next to caprice is sea satin market where you can eat fresh fish while listening greek music is really funny and the place unforgetable but be ready to pay about 40 euro per person including wine...great sea food but furthermore great place under the windmills...as for beaches i will suggest you beaches close to town..plati yallos beach is great and psarou beach ...if you at last go to psarou dont miss a meal to the best restaurant on the island..nammos taverna

New York City
Level Contributor
1,073 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay and what to do?

Astra is great lounge in Town. Harmony Hotel is a good choice for accomodations. It is in Town and not expensive.

Psarou Beach is the best and don't miss N'ammos.

los angles
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay and what to do?

stay at the andromedas residence...it is in the middle of the town and wonderfull people...I have stayed there over 5 times..I recommend a couple of nights in mykonos and then fly to santorini (30 min flight) and that is where you will find the best lounges with amazing views....I have been to mykons and santorini when i was single and last year with my fiance....Santori is more fun for couples and make sure you see the black sand beach...

Monroe, NC USA
Level Contributor
44 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay and what to do?

(MDT my base's near Charlotte.) Back less than one week now. Buy an excellent guidebook maybe Michelin in advance. Accurate, dependable information is simply scarce. Most importantly the crowds will be significantly less in Sept. and the temperatures bearable. I don't know which beach only visited SPB very briefly.

Finding a walkable central located hotel good luck. So many hotel vans clog the harbor whisking guests to and fro. Harmony is central, perhaps too central but the guys on our cruise said they slept well. A good travel agent may be the safest bet but values vary. There simply aren't too many fabulous hotels. Worshipped the Little Venice ambiance.

Gas, grateful for your help.

Rafina's the perfect airport transfer port via the rapid blue from the old port Mykonos. Yes there's a new Mykonos port with ferry connections & cruise ship berths in Tourlos. The Rafina bus to the airport is only 3 euros every half hour and there's loads of taxis to share.