We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scorpios vs. Paradise Beach

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
42 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Scorpios vs. Paradise Beach

Hello, I've noticed the forum has been kind of quiet but will give it another try!

We are going for our honeymoon in early July, and want to have the "mykonos experience"

Should we go to Scorpios for the sunset ritual? or should we go to paradise beach for a party??

I'm still not sure and need help.

Thanks!:)

Mentioned in this post
Scorpios Mykonos
Scorpios Mykonos
1,131 Reviews
Mykonos, Greece
9 replies to this topic
United States
Level Contributor
89 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scorpios vs. Paradise Beach

Well in 1.5 weeks we will be trying out Scorpios on a Friday and Sunday and Tropicana (paradise beach on a Monday) and leaning towards santaanna on Saturday although still looking for another option that I worry I am missing. So when we return end of June I will be sure to give you an opinion on both options. Was considering Cavo paradise on paradise beach but the reviews on here lately have implied it hasn’t been too busy.

Mentioned in this post
Scorpios Mykonos
Scorpios Mykonos
1,131 Reviews
Mykonos, Greece
East Anglia, United...
Level Contributor
1,646 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scorpios vs. Paradise Beach

Hi both options will give you a totally different experience. At paradise beach you have the new tru paradise beach club where you can rent a large sunbed on the best part of the beach or sit around their pool and relax and then at 4 o'clock enjoy an hour or so at guapaloca beach bar where you can join in the dancing to some Latin house music. Then go over to Tropicana later to enjoy the beach party with Sasa the compare and some great EDM and take in the atmosphere. At Santana at paranga it is more low key with background music during the day and then near to sunset you can go up to scorpios for their ritual. Also look out for events at Kalua these are really good too. If you got time do both and regarding Cavo paradise this is a night club which comes to life in the early hours of the morning and look out for events being advertised when you on the island to see what djs are on etc

Mentioned in this post
Kalua Mykonos
Kalua Mykonos
301 Reviews
Mykonos, Greece
Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
42 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scorpios vs. Paradise Beach

Thank you both SO much! We have decided to do Scorpios on Saturday and Paradise Beach on Sunday!

Kmmitchct do you have a reservation at Scorpios? I emailed them but have not answered.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Paradise Beach
Paradise Beach
1,705 Reviews
Mykonos, Greece
Scorpios Mykonos
Scorpios Mykonos
1,131 Reviews
Mykonos, Greece
United States
Level Contributor
89 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Scorpios vs. Paradise Beach

Yes it took a couple messages but I did hear back.

We have a Friday 6pm reservation in the restaurant and a Friday 8pm reservation at the sun lounge area. If I understand correctly, the dj is located in the sun lounge area and this is the most desirable spot so they require the purchase of a bottle. Unlike most clubs I am used to in the US they were unwilling to provide us a bottle price list. But did say a bottle of wine starts around 80 euros and a bottle of liquor I think around 140 euros (need to go back and take another look at that email but something around there). The requirement was to purchase 1 bottle. Friday night I hear is more chill and same with Saturday. Sunday is their most popular night (per other posts on here) and they have more of an EDM Deep house style dj that creates possibly a more party atmosphere over chill. We will see in a week.

We have a 6:30pm reservation for the sunset lounge for Sunday. But now questioning if we want to do Scorpios for 2 of our 4 nights or mix in some more of the suggestions above. We are definitely going to take the Paradise beach itemerary suggestion for Saturday. We are staying in Mykonos town so a little unsure how this is going to work going from beach day party to night party outfits w showers etc.

Mentioned in this post
Scorpios Mykonos
Scorpios Mykonos
1,131 Reviews
Mykonos, Greece
Paradise Beach
Paradise Beach
1,705 Reviews
Mykonos, Greece
Mykonos Town
Mykonos Town
Mykonos, Greece
East Anglia, United...
Level Contributor
1,646 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Scorpios vs. Paradise Beach

The whole beach party affairs are very relaxed with many people partying in their bikinis or shorts and thats what we do. We do see people arriving later on more dressed up for the evening but you have to decide if returning to town changing and going back out again is worth it as then you will loose part of the day but that is a personal thing for you to decide yourself. Regarding prices you will find them much cheaper at Paradise beach and last year at Tropicana a bottle of wine started at €14, spirits €9 and a large Mythos €5 but then you won't get that sunset ritual experience of scorpios which of course you are paying them premier prices for

Edited: 3:44 pm, June 13, 2018
Mentioned in this post
Paradise Beach
Paradise Beach
1,705 Reviews
Mykonos, Greece
United States
Level Contributor
89 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Scorpios vs. Paradise Beach

FYI I reached out to my hotel Rochari about Tru paradise and apparently they did not open this year and were only open last year. Just an FYI re the above options discussed.

Mentioned in this post
Rochari Hotel
Rochari Hotel
402 Reviews
Mykonos, Greece
East Anglia, United...
Level Contributor
1,646 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Scorpios vs. Paradise Beach

Thanks for the update. Last year we was on Mykonos both mid July and the first week of September and when ever we was at paradise beach the club was not overly busy which was a shame as the music and vibe was good. On a personal note if that means their great big round sunbeds have gone from that part of the beach then thats fantastic news especially if we can lay our towels down here again like we used to until last year when the club took over that part of the beach

Mentioned in this post
Mykonos Town
Mykonos Town
Mykonos, Greece
United States
Level Contributor
89 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Scorpios vs. Paradise Beach

Yeah based on the way you described it, the location, their website and the reviews it sounded perfect for a way to start the day before heading to the other options on paradise

East Anglia, United...
Level Contributor
1,646 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Scorpios vs. Paradise Beach

Another option for you would be to spend the day at super paradise beach. You can get there by a private shuttle service from town or the water taxi which you can catch from platis yialos. This beach is beautiful and we just love it here and the beach party starts at 4.30pm till late. Up till last year the music was EDM and dance but last year they started playing more R&B with Friday nights dedicated to it so what this year brings I don't know. You could always spend the day here and at 6.00pm catch the last water taxi back which stops at paradise beach so you can party at Tropicana. We have done this many times in the past and worked out very well for us. You could also just spend the day at paradise beach as there is lots going on here and it is also only a short walk from paranga if you want to go there first

Reply to: Scorpios vs. Paradise Beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;