We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mariettas Studios or Constantina Zorz Xydakis?

Australia
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
Mariettas Studios or Constantina Zorz Xydakis?

After some research we have found two places to stay possibly.

Either Mariettas Studios or Constantina Zorz Xydakis

Which is easier to access from town?

and what are the rates like in July at Constantina Zorz Xydakis, as we have looked and cant find them anywhere!

Has anyone stayed at one of these places? What were the positives and negatives?

Thank-you

Australia
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Mariettas Studios or Constantina Zorz Xydakis?

Also, Damianos Rooms, what are these like?

Thanks!:)

Luton, United...
Level Contributor
909 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mariettas Studios or Constantina Zorz Xydakis?

Alex

The Constantina Zorz Xydakis is located in the Scholi Kalon Technon (School of Fine Arts) district. The view will be superb as this is one of the highest spots in town. In the heat of the summer sun the climb up to the apartments could be tortuous. Also, I think it would not be suitable for anyone with mobility problems. Like you, I can find no mention of rates on any site the apartments are listed on. It might be worth emailign them directly.

The Marriettas apartments I think are in the town by the looks of SOME of their room picture view. Others appear to have been taken a good bit way from the area they say they are located. Perhaps they have a number of units scattered throughout the town itself.

Damianos Rooms I know nothing about. Sorry.

Jon

Australia
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mariettas Studios or Constantina Zorz Xydakis?

thank-you :)

London
Level Contributor
838 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mariettas Studios or Constantina Zorz Xydakis?

Hi Alex

Hi Alex

I have stayed twice at Constantina Zorz Xydakis and am going back again this year.

The rooms are simple but very clean with nice bathrooms, fridge, aircon etc...I think you can stay on a B&B basis but I always just stay room only.

They are located up the hills behind Mykonos Town - quite a steep walk but it's over with quite quickly - the terrace affords amazing views. I would only stay here if you are reasonable fit as it is a bit of a climb (I wonder if the expensive hotels nearby like the Eliseum mention this to their guests on booking). I'm used to it now though.

From the rooms you can walk into central Mykonos Town in under 10 mins (all downhill - you'll probably be drunk coming back up anyway...I know I normally am) - which is where most of the night life is (but it's far enough away from the bars to be quiet at night) It is also just a 5 min walk to the bus station for buses to Ornos, Platy Gialos and Paradise beaches.(can also get taxi's here) I stayed last year and am heading back this year. Our double room is 40 EUR a night (so 20 EUR each) - but this is for the biggest room. Last year we paid 35 EUR for a slightly smaller room. This was in May but we also paid the same in Sept. These best thing to do would be to email the owner direct - email address is:

marinaxy@otenet.gr

The lady that runs the place is lovely and will pick you up from the airport or port for free - and also drop you back when it's time to leave!

If you are looking for somewhere clean, central and unbelievably cheap (by Mykonos standards) then I completely recommend it.

Have fun

Dan

Mentioned in this post
Mykonos Town
Mykonos Town
Mykonos, Greece
Ornos
Ornos
Mykonos, Greece
5. Re: Mariettas Studios or Constantina Zorz Xydakis?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 am, August 30, 2009