We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat to Antiparos

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
466 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Boat to Antiparos

Hi there, we arrive on Paros via the Blue Star ferry from Piraeus at 11:40 on 17/9. Is there a boat wating for this ferry or will we need to wait or bus it to Pounda?? Many thanks

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,427 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Boat to Antiparos

The Antiparos - Parikia boat, when running, is always timed to get passengers to the Blue Star ferry. There are Pounta bus and ferry timetables posted by the ferry docks and in Marianos Supermarket. You can also get information from Cave Travel and Oliaros Tours at the port, or from the owners of the hotel where you are staying.

Paros is the first and last stop on Blue Star ferries from/to Piraeus. Personally I don't like to be at the port more than an hour before ferry departure, but then I've done that trip many times, so know the form. If you do arrive in Parikia 2-3 hours early, find a nice cafe at the port where you can sit in comfort, rather than the 'cattle shed' that passes for a ferry terminal: parosweb.com/paros-webcams/parikia_port.html (camera not always pointed at the port).

UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
2,968 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Boat to Antiparos

I am going to Antiparos tomorrow. I'll let you know the times of the ferries and buses that will connect with the 11.55 Blue Star.

Sunshine Coast
Level Contributor
1,765 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Boat to Antiparos

Thanks guys....very helpful!

UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
2,968 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Boat to Antiparos

Currently the ferries to Pounta go from Antiparos between 07:00 and 03:15. They run hourly, half hourly or every 20 minutes at different times of the day. The returns from Pounta are 15 minutes later.

The buses from Pounta to Parikia are less frequent, they don't follow a regular pattern but are almost hourly. The 11:00 ferry to pounta has a bus connection to Parikia, which will get there about 11;35/11:40.

There are boats from Antiparos to Parikia at 10:50 and at 11:15. The 11:15 is the small faster boat that takes about 15 minutes.

Sunshine Coast
Level Contributor
1,765 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Boat to Antiparos

That is very kind Greecemad, thank you again.

Are you having a good time over there? We have to wait somehow until end Sept. to arrive...

16. Re: Boat to Antiparos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 27, 2013