We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation question.....

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
466 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation question.....

We're travelling to Antiparos on 17/9 & we're looking at Maria's Place. Anyone stayed there?? It looks nice enough from the website & certainly the tariff is very fair. Anyone care to comment...

Cheers

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,743 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation question.....

I have stayed in Maria's Place, and in a place just opposite, both were fine. Typical island rooms for rent accommodation at reasonable prices. They have a logo'd minivan that you see at ferry arrivals, however it's easily walkable in 5-10 min or so from either ferry quay. very convenient.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,351 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation question.....

Also take a look at Mike's Place before deciding. Lillian is a lovely hostess.

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,531 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation question.....

Friends of mine have stayed at Maria's Place for years, and wouldn't dream of going anywhere else. I've never stayed there myself, but have met Athena, the owner. It's in a quiet part of town just up from the harbour. They also have apartments near the camping beach if you want somewhere even quieter.

I stay at Mike's Place, and agree with BLL's comments. The rooms were renovated only a few years ago to a very high standard, and it's only a few steps away from Maria's. :o)

Edited: 2:21 pm, March 26, 2012
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
466 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation question.....

Many thanks - I'll check out Mike's Place too. Cheers.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
466 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation question.....

Decided to go to Maria's Place after all. Very good communication from Athena to sort us out. Roll on September......Thanks for all replies.

Edited: 3:43 am, May 07, 2012
6. Re: Accommodation question.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, September 02, 2013