We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather Early May

Stroud, Glos.
1 post
Save Topic
Weather Early May

My wife and I are thinking about staying 2nd week of May. Will the weather be warm enough for sunbathing on the beaches and swiming in the sea?

Also. If it's likely to be windy, which part of the Island would be best to escape from it.

Clint

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,792 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather Early May

It's anyone's guess what the weather will be like 2nd week of May. Chances are it will be warm enough for sunbathing, but the water still chilly. If it is windy there is a sheltered spot on Psaraliki beach behind Fanari's Beach Bar. Walk 15 minutes further down the coastline from there, and Panagia Beach has a stone wall which offers good shelter from the wind.

There are some great beaches at the southern end of the island, e.g. Soros and Ag Georgios, less affected by Meltemi winds. For that early in the season a beach tent would be a good idea. :-)

Ballarat
Level Contributor
67 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather Early May

We were on Antiparos last year in early May and were swimming quite comfortably. I think we struck a warm period but we had very pleasant weather - short sleeves - and no wind. I think the port area is the best place to stay at that time - several restaurants open - whereas the other areas were pretty quiet - nice for day trips but not much open.

Ballarat
Level Contributor
67 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather Early May

We were on Antiparos last year in early May and were swimming quite comfortably. I think we struck a warm period but we had very pleasant weather - short sleeves - and no wind. I think the port area is the best place to stay at that time - several restaurants open - whereas the other areas were pretty quiet - nice for day trips but not much open.

4. Re: Weather Early May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 am, November 04, 2012