We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kostas Teacher rooms and other questions!

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
Kostas Teacher rooms and other questions!

Hello my dearest Antiparos regulars.

If I'm not poor by the end of August (fingers crossed please, thank you) I'm considering to go to Antiparos with another respected member of our forums for 4 or 5 nights (after the 20th).

I was checking Maria's Place but it looks a bit far from the town, is that right?

I also saw the Kostas Teacher rooms and they look nice and cheap.

Any thoughts on that?

We are mainly asking for a VERY clean place, bathroom ensuite, fridge, A/C or a decent fan, naked butler servfice (no, Heimdall, I am not kidding) and as close to town and port as possible.

If we can do that with 40 euros or less, he'd be two happy gals. We don't mind if it's a studio or a room as long as it has two beds with no bugs.

Thank you very much in advance for sharing your depths of knowledge with us.

Thalia

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,677 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Kostas Teacher rooms and other questions!

Hi Thalia,

Sorry - I can't help you with the butler service, as I won't be arriving until the 30th. lol ;o)

I know where Kostas Teacher is located, but have no personal experience with the hotel. It looks okay to me though, and if you want to be right in the middle of town, that would be a good choice.

Actually, Maria's Place is only 2-3 minutes further away from the middle of town (Antiparos is very small). I have friends who have stayed there for many years, so can recommend it. I've met Athena, the owner, but never stayed there myself.

I always stay at Mike's Place, which is newly renovated, and just behind Kouros Village, the large hotel on the harbour. Give Lilian a ring and she might have something available. One of her other regular customers has some photos of the rooms on his website. Scroll to the bottom of the web page and you will also see Roccos Studios, just off the harbour in another very central location: angelfire.com/super2/…antiparoshotels.html

Another I can recommend is Theologos Place, in the same part of town: http://www.theologosplace.com/theo/

I hope you enjoy Antiparos! :o)

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kostas Teacher rooms and other questions!

Hello!

Thanks for the speedy reply!

So, Mike's was the first one I called but they quoted 50 euros which is a bit higher than what we were expecting to pay.

I tried to call Theologos but there was no one there.

Rocco's looks nice and they seem to have rooms starting from 28 euros. Would we have a problem with too much noise?

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,677 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Kostas Teacher rooms and other questions!

Thalia, if those suggestions don't work out, let me know and I will try to come up with some other ideas. For instance, one of my friends stays at Hotel Antiparos, which is cheap and in the centre of town. They don't seem to be on the internet, and I don't have a contact number, but can probably get it for you.

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kostas Teacher rooms and other questions!

Ta very much!

I will call Roccos and Theologos tomorrow and see what they tell me. Rocco's location looks fab! I'll ask if they have any rooms in front, with a nice view of the port.

I'm considering to take the ferry from Pounta, as I had a very bad experience with the Antiparos Lines' little boat last time I was there.

Do you know if there is a bus from Paroikia to Punta a little while after a big ferry arrives?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,899 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kostas Teacher rooms and other questions!

Maria's Place is OK I've stayed there (but beware I've used G&A ferries ....), and also in a place nearby forgot the name. Anywhere in that area is pretty close to town at most 5 mins walk.

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,677 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Kostas Teacher rooms and other questions!

Hi, I posted before I saw your reply. I don't think noise would be much of a problem at Rocco's, although like Kostas Teacher, it's just off the harbour. There may be a few scooters going by at night, but that's about all. Most of the late night activity is at the other end of town around the square. That's where all the nightclubs are located, and everyone drifts up to the square after midnight, leaving the harbour area fairly quiet.

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,677 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Kostas Teacher rooms and other questions!

Thalia, the little boat that replaced the Antiparos ferries is even smaller, so go via Pounta. Buses run about every hour until 2210. Check next month for the current timetable on paroslife.parosweb.com/timetable.html?id=1

There is always a Pounta ferry timed to meet the buses.

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kostas Teacher rooms and other questions!

RH, hope you didn't carry any of the "animals" that live on the feries with you to Maria's rooms.

Ah, yes! I forgot all about the square. BTW, is there still a Mexican bar in Antiparos? And a restaurant with Ancient Greek food?

Thanks for all the help!

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kostas Teacher rooms and other questions!

And I posted before I saw yours, LOLOLOL!!!!

Pounta it is then!!!

united kingdom
Level Contributor
377 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kostas Teacher rooms and other questions!

Thalia we are staying at Rocco's , It does seem a lovely place and I found him very friendly too when e mailing.