We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Photos from May visit to Amorgos now online

Which Amorgos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,068 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Photos from May visit to Amorgos now online

Photos from our visit to beautiful Amorgos island in May can now be viewed in our online photo collection.

There are six separate albums featuring photos from several different areas of the island:

* Aegiali beach, bay, village and vicinity, with photos from the picturesque port town and its surroundings;

* Potamos village, the scenic village on the mountainside high above Aegiali;

* Chora, Katapola and Chozoviotissa Monastery, featuring photos taken during a one-day drive around the island

* Aegiali valley, Langada and Tholaria, featuring photos taken during an afternoon walk along hiking paths from Aegiali to the two villages; and

* Yperia Hotel in Aegiali, where we stayed during our visit.

There also is one "general" album, "Amazing Amorgos," which combines several hundred pics collected from the other albums.

The albums can be accessed either by clicking on the following link, or copying and pasting it into your browser window: http://community.webshots.com/user/donnyb1507

I haven't decided if I will write a trip report; however, I will be happy to answer questions anyone may have about either our visit to Amorgos or our photos of the island.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,208 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Photos from May visit to Amorgos now online

Hi donny, is it the new format's fault and am I delirious, or did I estimate correctly? about 1,500 pictures of Amorgos!! I need to get comfortable for this!!

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,068 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Photos from May visit to Amorgos now online

LOL Diana .... actually, we're the ones who were delirious while in Amorgos -- obviously, because we couldn't stop taking photos!

There are a lot of pics indeed. Best way to view them would be by setting the slideshow format ... and by tackling perhaps one album a day.

I suspect I may have uploaded a cure for insomnia inadvertently!

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
20,676 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Photos from May visit to Amorgos now online

Wow - it is truly amazing, Don. I have barely touched into Amorgos so far - you have showed me a new island to pinpoint for tuture visits.

Thanks for sharing.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Photos from May visit to Amorgos now online

Just spent an hour in your "Amazing Amorgos" slideshow. Excellent.

You really caught the character of the island & in so much detail too.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,208 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Photos from May visit to Amorgos now online

donnyb I'm still going through the pictures, it's now 24 hours later,

to begin with, can I steal this for my avator?? lol

…webshots.com/photo/2646567890053529710KvLCZW

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Photos from May visit to Amorgos now online

Love your Hawaii shirt donnyb;-) ..like the others am barely a quarter of the way through..thank you for giving me a little 'mini-vacation' here tonight..very comfy with my glass of vino! You may have certainly come up with something for us insomniacs..lol!! Wonderful shots..and love the footnotes detailing everything!! Isn't May a wonderful time? ~ sigh:-) Enjoyin'!

Ballarat
Level Contributor
67 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Photos from May visit to Amorgos now online

I have just had a look at some of the albums and am feeling very "homesick"! We had 2 wonderful months on the islands in 2007, returning after an absence of 30 years, and spent most of our time in Folegandros, Sifnos, Naxos, Milos and Santorini - all very beautiful, but next year we will certainly include Amorgos - it looks just as wonderful as these.

Thank you for sharing

Ottawa
Level Contributor
958 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Photos from May visit to Amorgos now online

Wonderful photos, Donnyb! (The kitten is one of my favourites, too, Diana.)

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
531 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Photos from May visit to Amorgos now online

Wow Donny you really have the photobug down!

My Bailey could not get enough viewing of your Kitty Island and thought the Pelicans looked particularly edible. Not!!!

thanks for the pics.....

10. Re: Photos from May visit to Amorgos now online

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:53 am, May 02, 2010