We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Amorgos

Which Amorgos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
Level Contributor
10 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Amorgos

Hi,

I am planning a trip to Amorgos in May and am having difficulty working out how to get there.

I have read that it is possible to catch a ferry from Santorini or Mykonos but can not find any further information.

I would greatly appreciate any help

Nick

UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
2,815 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Getting to Amorgos

Express Skopelitis operates from Naxos to Katapola (on Amorgos) every day except Sunday at 3.00 p.m. On Monday, Wednesday and Friday it goes via Eigiali (also on Amorgos). In mid summer it operates on Sunday as well.

GreecemadUK

Molaoi, Greece
Destination Expert
for Naxos, Peloponnese
Level Contributor
3,641 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Getting to Amorgos

The Skopelitis has operated a pretty regular timetable for years starting in Katapola, Amorgos at 6am and arriving in Naxos in time to do the return journey starting at 3pm. It won't be running every day in May but if that means you have to spend a couple of days in Naxos witing for it, it won't be any hardship. There may well be other boats to Amorgos anyway.

UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
2,815 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Getting to Amorgos

The only day that it won't be operating in May will be Sunday.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Getting to Amorgos

Nick

Here is a page showihg the location of the Potamos Stables in Ano Potamos.

amorgoshotels.nu/stables/accommodation.html

I hope you are fit as, by foot, it is a considerable climb back up to stables from the port.

There is a new road up to the village now but still takes around 25 mins to get there.

Amorgos is indeed a beautiful island.

Here are some of my pics from last May.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16160690@N05

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,208 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Getting to Amorgos

I know of the location of the Potamos studios, but have not stayed, although we had friends who joined us next door at the Uranos pension, and it was an uncomfortable short walking path, slightly uphill from it.

Excellent views however, and nearby Kamares pension btw have you considered Uranos pension, which offers easier access> for eg., 25 steps from its parking area, as opposed to a continued uphill walk around the Uranos pension and then a further 5 minute? www.uranos.gr

Melbourne
Level Contributor
14 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Getting to Amorgos

Heres a new suggestion!

I have already planned my trip to Amorogos in early June. I am getting there from Milos. 2 years ago I went to Amorogos from Folegandros.

You can get there from Santorini too (so you could fly to Santorini) via SUPERJET. This is a high speed catamaran and costs more but it cuts a lot of travel time. it gets you into Amorgos, Katapola at 13.50 a reasonable time. Takes about an hour from Santorini.

The website is: www.seajets.gr You can book tix online

i dont know if it runs in May but it does run 1st week of June when i am using it.

enjoy!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
11,991 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Getting to Amorgos

fluffybinks

It does not run until 5 June then only on Fri, Sat, Sun. After 15 June it's daily. Very useful service indeed but if some one goes in May they will have a hack with maybe 2 ferry changes from the western Cyclades to Amorgos.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
14 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Getting to Amorgos

Retired Happy

thanks for the info - didnt know it started 5 June, just in time for me!

19. Re: Getting to Amorgos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:37 am, October 23, 2009