We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels/rooms in Amorgos - September 2009

Which Amorgos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels/rooms in Amorgos - September 2009

Hoping to arrive on Amorgos (Katapola) around 10/11/12 Sept this year. Would it be advisable to book a room in advance at this time of year? Been to the island before but that was in early May and getting a place on arrival was no problem - several people meeting the Express Skopelitis and offering rooms. Suspect that September may be busier?

And can anyone recommend rooms in Katapola at the non-luxury end of the budget?

I had a good room in Katapola back in May 2007. Stupidly I did not note the name. They were at opposite end of the bay from the port about 100 yards back from the bay. The turn off for the rooms was before the row of bars and tavernas - I think it was at the sharp corner in the bay. Does this very vague description ring any bells with anyone? And I think the guy who ran/owned the rooms lived in Hora.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,208 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels/rooms in Amorgos - September 2009

Hello weeman, Sept 10th onwards is officially low season, school is in, or about to be, and generally it's winding down period for Amorgos. You won't need to pre-book, but have a look at this site, there are a few good options such as Pension Sofia and Villa Katapoliani,a complex of 3 small hotels scattered throughout Katapola,the first two on the outskirts of the port,the third, further away-perhaps this will remind you of something,

www.amorgos.net

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,219 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels/rooms in Amorgos - September 2009

Hi

I think you will be OK for a room at that time of year. I went in late June last year, v. approx the same season, and there were around 2 dozen ladies lined up offering rooms in both Katapola and Aegiali, I arrived on the FC3.

All the rooms for rent I've had have been up the hill behind the ferry quay in Katapola. They don't seem to take part in the 'lineup', just a matter of walking up and asking, as usual various signs on corners pointing the way.

So can't help much with those specific ones you mention.

Molaoi, Greece
Destination Expert
for Naxos, Peloponnese
Level Contributor
3,698 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels/rooms in Amorgos - September 2009

I've never arrived in Amorgos in September without getting plenty of offers of accommodation. Room owners aren't allowed to stand at the point where visitors disembark and wait about 100 yards along the road.

4. Re: Hotels/rooms in Amorgos - September 2009

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, October 17, 2009