We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Value accommodation in Katapola

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Good Value accommodation in Katapola

Hello friends,

I'm looking for any recommendations of good value accommodation in Katapola.

I'm really struggling to find anything for less than 60E per night for a double room in August 2009. Whereas that might sound reasonable, I have managed to find some really good lodgings on Anti-Paros and Iraklia for less than that. With the shocking exchange rate, never has finding cheap rooms been more important!!

Is Amorgos generally expensive, or have I just been looking in the wrong places?

Any recommendations would be gratefully received.

Many thanks

1. Re: Good Value accommodation in Katapola

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:54 am, May 02, 2010
Bristol
Level Contributor
56 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Value accommodation in Katapola

Paul. Thanks for the "on the spot" advice. I was thinking the same about the rates being on the high side, as I thought that yu would have a longer season. We are thinking of coming in September - we only really want the basic "Greek island room" with a balcony or terrace - what's the going rate from mid Septemeber??

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
13,043 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Value accommodation in Katapola

I paid 25 Euros in Aegiali last year mid-June for a large room with a balc/view and it included transport from Katapola, mid-Sept is broadly the same season.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,208 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Value accommodation in Katapola

Mid Sept for Amorgos can certainly considered low season. But, don't expect the rate to go lower than that mentioned by retired hippy,

this is a useful site,listing accommodation,

www.amorgos.net

Amorgos, Greece
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Value accommodation in Katapola

Local intel: yes I agree with €25, certainly not less. Mid Sept is a nice time to come here it is fairly quiet and the sea is still warm.

Paul Delahunt-Rimmer

Amorgos

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
6,120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good Value accommodation in Katapola

I would never stay in Katapola if I could find a room in Aegali... beach much better & can go to lovely villages above it in the hills. Here's one that you may not have seen through agencies, just a chance they may have a room left for August, it will be reasonable, at least as reasonable as anything will be in August:

http://www.askaspension.gr/

this is at the far end of the beach, just behind a pricier place called (??) Lekka Village?? or some such. Pension Askas is adjoined by its campground facility but is entirely separate. In May about 5 years ago we got a double for 20, but in Aug now probably 40++.

We found it a funny way. We arrived in evening about 8 and had been advised, "Go to the tavern under the flowering tree -- Katerina's -- where every table is full. Hve a glass of wine and remark loudly, "I wonder if anybody knows of a room near the beach?" We did so and a lovely English couple bustled up and said, come with us, Askas is wizard, its little shuttle bus is leaving now. We did & they were right... and the next night we accompanied them to a memorable sunset dinner up on the hill at a lovely taverna, Nicolas.

Bristol
Level Contributor
56 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good Value accommodation in Katapola

Thanks for the info re: September - 25 euros sounds reasonable. Photos make the island look very Cretan - I think that this is what has attracted us.

8. Re: Good Value accommodation in Katapola

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:27 am, October 14, 2009