We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

serifos

Milano
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Topic
serifos

I will travel to Serifos in mid september. has anyone ever seen this island? Any recommendations on things to do, to skip and good places to spend 7 nights?

thanks a lot

Norway
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: serifos

It's the administration center for Cyclades. Port is in a big city. very special city. There are many hotels. On the south an west Serifos you can bath. You find the best beach at Galissas.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,912 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: serifos

I have stayed on the island several times. There is a circular hike starting in Chora around the inland villages that is worthwhile. The beaches are pretty good and the island is a 'classical style' Cycladic island, vaguely reminiscent of Ios a couple of decades ago, minus 99% of the bars.

As far as accomodation is concerned, this is scattered around Livadi the port, no problem just finding somewhere decent on arrival.

Molaoi, Greece
Destination Expert
for Naxos, Peloponnese
Level Contributor
3,874 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: serifos

Unfortunately hokkabokka is confusing Serifos with Syros.

Retired Hippy is spot on.

Norway
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: serifos

That's correct. Sorry my decripion was Syros not Serifos.

Has not been on Serifos, but I read many nice reviews of the island. I tried to get to Serifos from Paros, but the boat to Serifos only got 2 times each week. 3 times per day from Pireus. Probably not so many depatures in september.

Milano
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: serifos

Hi everybody, and thanks for your replies

This is my trip report of Serifos:

I spent on the island 4 days only. The place was nice; the only 2 beaches I suggest are Psili Ammos and Livadakia (i've not seen Megalo Livadi for a comparison). Unfourtenately the sea water is icy. Chora is the best place. Nice little streets, absolutely non touristic, stunning view. A part this, the island is absolutely unbelievabelly windy (mid september), due to its small size. some places (expecially those northbound) were as windy that riding the scooter could had caused serious accidents. So on tuesday we left Serifos to Paros. regards

Paris, France
Level Contributor
88 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: serifos

Hello,

I've just read Nicki's review just above and I was wondering if Serifos weather is usually so windy in september and if the sea is so cold ?

For comparison, we went twice in Paros/Naxos/Santorin in mid september, and the weather and the sea were very pleasant : we could stay for hours in the water !

Is there a big difference between western and eastern Cyclades ?

Thanks in advance for your help !

Vanou

7. Re: serifos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 pm, September 06, 2009