We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hoppa airport transfers

Level Contributor
35 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Hoppa airport transfers

Hi, arriving in Heraklion at 18.25 on the evening in July looking at return shuttle transfers using "hoppa" any experiences good or bad with these guys?

10 replies to this topic
swindon,england
Level Contributor
4,124 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hoppa airport transfers

We have used them several times in the past,basically their usually the cheapest option but the downside is that as it's usually a large coach they have multiple drop-off's at various hotels and resorts that can mean you have a rather long transfer sometimes.

Level Contributor
35 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hoppa airport transfers

Yeah, that was my concern but the taxis are extortionate. Also looked at holidaytransfers.com they are slightly more expensive but the reviews are slightly better. I have had transfers included in package holidays before but their was an additional cost this time and just thought is there any point paying 20quid extra to go through Thomas cook or will hoppa or a similar c9mpany be exactly the same service just cheaper.

Edited: 7:10 am, May 15, 2016
swindon,england
Level Contributor
4,124 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hoppa airport transfers

Depending on your flight times and your destination you could take a look at the local bus service which would certainly keep the costs down.

rethymnon.com/TheBus-Bus-Service-Crete/…

4. Re: Hoppa airport transfers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 pm, September 17, 2018
Edited: 1:21 pm, September 17, 2018

London, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hoppa airport transfers

im looking for transfer to Ierapetra for 4 people, The Hoppa quote is actually more than a few of the taxi quotes.They are also charging in sterling, Im so confused.

What did you chose and hope your trip went well

6. Re: Hoppa airport transfers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 6:09 am, May 16, 2017

swindon,england
Level Contributor
4,124 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hoppa airport transfers

Have you considered hiring a car,as due to Ierapetra's location down on the South coast i would imagine that hoppa do not run the larger buses down there and the quote might well be for a mini bus or car anyway.

I would imagine that a private taxi might well be your best hope if you don't want to hire a car,another alternative might be the bus service which is in the link below.

https:/…

1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Hoppa airport transfers

Very Poor company in my opinion was due to get picked up from Rome Fiumicino waiting area plane arrived 20 minutes earlier than expected the time we got of plane and collected our baggage it was 12.15 .We then headed to the waiting area but there was no sign of our transfer, phoned the company and was told that he waited 10 minutes from when the plane landed and that he was gone and that we would need to get taxi joke of a company and in the end up cost me 70 euro for a taxi to our hotel.

BatleyWest Yorkshire
Level Contributor
68 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hoppa airport transfers

Just got back from Crete, visiting Aghios Nikolaus, Rethymnon and Chania (3 weeks). We used hoppa for our Ag Nik transfer due to the late hour, just a few drop offs in Malia and Hersonissos, then we were dropped off at top end of AgNik where a Merc taxi was waiting to take us to our hotel. Bus would have found it difficult in narrow town centre streets. No extra cost. Very good value. We generally use public transport, and tend not to use hoppa for the return transfer due to sometime early drop offs at the airport. We have used hoppa for many years and think that some of the criticism is unfair - it is what it is, good value transfers in decent buses with occasionally plenty of drop offs, but it doesn't pretend to be something it isn't.

Melbourne
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Hoppa airport transfers

I thought I would share our experience of using a hoppa transfer from Rethymno to Chania airport. We were collected by the Cretan tours bus at 11.20 (local tour company) and spent the next 2 1/2 hourson the bus. They collected approx 8 different groups along the way, mostly up in the hills. The road was so windy both my kids got car sick and a young girl next to me was vomiting. There was very poor ventilation, the air con didn’t work and it was so muggy. We made our flight cut off with about 5 mins to spare so quite stressful. We will never use hoppa again. My recommendation (if you’re arriving during the day) is to take the public bus direct from the airport to the Chania bus station then the public bus on to Rethymno. The cost was roughly the same and the trip much more direct. No windy hills if your kids get car sick like mine

Reply to: Hoppa airport transfers
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rethymnon