We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rethymnon to Santorini

Which Rethymnon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Whitley Bay, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Rethymnon to Santorini

I'm getting a lot of conflicting information re boats / fastcat / ferries to Santorini from Rethymnon as a day trip. Is it possible? Can I book locally?Or do I have to go to another port ie Heraklion? If thats the case, can transfers also be arranged locally? Going end of June.

hull
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Rethymnon to Santorini

Hi, i went on a day trip to santorini from rethymnon a few years ago, sorry but

i can't remember the cost, but the trip there and back on a good sized ship

was very good, what was not good about the trip was santorini, after all it is

bumped up to be and the pics i had seen of thira i felt very let down.

Yes Thira the lovely little town clinging to the edge of the cliffs is very nice,

just like all the pics you see of it, but that is the only thing that the hole island

of Santorini has going for it, i did a bus tour of most of the island, and i must

say i thought it was RUBBISH, i would not go there for a 1 or 2 week holiday.

Whitley Bay, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rethymnon to Santorini

Ok thanks for the info. I visited Santorini some 10 years or so ago on a cruise, just for the day. But my partner hasn't been and i thought it might be a nice trip on a boat in the heat of June / July ?! No, I don't think i'd like to spend a whole holiday there either.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
11,840 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rethymnon to Santorini

Hi,

There is in some years a catamaran that goes from Rethymnon direct to Santorini. The local ticket agencies can tell you about that and the one from Heraklion.

There is always the one from Heraklion. The return catamaran fare alone is around 100 Euros, so that's very expensive for a few hours on Santorini.

greekfan93

I don't like Santorini much either, however it is an excellent starting/finishing point to visit the other Cyclades islands from the UK which has direct flights to Santorini.

Edited: 5:39 pm, May 04, 2012
Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,448 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rethymnon to Santorini

Yes, day trips appear to be available 4 days a week from Rethymnon:

viator.com/tours/…d53-2462SANT

Weesp, The...
Level Contributor
3,020 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rethymnon to Santorini

Day trips from Rethymno start 15-5 on tuesdays and saturdays. Ticket for the cruise 135,00 euro p.p. Tickets at my office near the harbor of departure

Whitley Bay, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rethymnon to Santorini

Thanks everyone for your replies, its the first time I've used the forum and its been very helpful.

albertdiver.......what is your company, the name of your office and do you have a website for the day trips and other excusions such as snorkelling beaches or 4x4 trips etc

7. Re: Rethymnon to Santorini

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:42 am, June 22, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Rethymnon