We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rethymno Residence (ex Maravel Sky Hotel)?

Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Rethymno Residence (ex Maravel Sky Hotel)?

Located in Adelianos Kampos region can anybody give an opinion of this hotel please......have booked it with Olympic Holidays. There are a lot of differing views on the reviews. Have an open mind, as have experienced what we considered to be a wonderful holiday in Turkey last year when others had completely annihilated the place. It seems well situated for the Old Town and also interested in the Gorge and hopping across to Santorini. How best to do this? Grateful for any feedback.

Thanks.

Casa Moazzo Suites & Apartments
Casa Moazzo Suites & Apartments
#1 of 177 hotels in Rethymnon
Rimondi Boutique Hotel
Rimondi Boutique Hotel
#2 of 177 hotels in Rethymnon
Avli Lounge Apartments
Avli Lounge Apartments
#3 of 177 hotels in Rethymnon
Weesp, The...
Level Contributor
3,020 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rethymno Residence (ex Maravel Sky Hotel)?

The hotel offers a good service, is located 8 Km from the center of Rethymno ( so no old town) and I would choose B + B only, since there are very nice tavernas all around the hotel. THe beach is 50 meter on foot. The Gorge ? I presume Samaria, day trips by coach from Adele start in Adele at 5.00 am, you can book at Jakovos Travel or Greenways close to the hotel, saves money also

Edited: 10:00 am, January 22, 2012
Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
12,178 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rethymno Residence (ex Maravel Sky Hotel)?

There is a regular town bus service from the resorts east of the town, into the old town, so no need to worry about that. Here is a link (the timetable is at the bottom of the page - Rethymnon-Hotels-Panormio). I think this is the winter timetable, but in season there are lots of extra buses which don't make the full journey to Panormo but which will definitely go to Adel. Kampos:

bus-service-crete-ktel.com/timetabledet.php…

Day trips to Santorini are long and quite expensive, but worth it if you haven't been before. Here is a link:

viator.com/tours/…d53-2462SANT

Note you will be in area 1 (Rethymnon-Bali). I wouldn't have thought it necessary to book before you get there, have a look at the tour shops in resort, but this gives you an idea of what is available.

I'm sorry, I don't know about the hotel you are staying at, but hope the other info is useful.

Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rethymno Residence (ex Maravel Sky Hotel)?

Thank you so much for providing me with information. It gives us a head start for planning our family holiday and heightens the excitement. Not that I am wishing my life away, but August can't come quick enough !!!!

nnj
Birmingham
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rethymno Residence (ex Maravel Sky Hotel)?

hi,

we are going in aug aswell and like you we have read some off putting reviews, how ever all we ask for is clean rooms and half way decent food/

we are going with an 8yr old and 2yr old so hope the pools are nice and also safe. what date r u travelling

nic

Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rethymno Residence (ex Maravel Sky Hotel)?

I'm not worrying too much. We went to a hotel in Hisaronu Turkey last year which had some diabolical reviews. But we had an amazing time, the hotel had been refurbished and the staff were fantastic. It usually is the case that when things hit rock bottom, they get a boot up the bum and have to get their act together (hoping this is the case with this hotel). As long as the sun is shining and there is plenty to do around about we will be fine. Our boys are 15 and 12 so easier to entertain.

6. Re: Rethymno Residence (ex Maravel Sky Hotel)?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:36 am, May 30, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Rethymnon