We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rethymnon to Santorini

California
Level Contributor
13 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Rethymnon to Santorini

We are staying at the Leoniki Residence in Platanias in mid-October for a week. I'm trying to decide if it would be better to go on a day-trip to Santorini or go to Santorini after we check out. Then we would spend a night in Santorini and somehow make our way to Athens (I assume take the ferry back to Crete and then fly to Athens). Any advice? Thanks!

Weesp, The...
Level Contributor
3,020 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rethymnon to Santorini

There is a cruise every Tuesday and Saturday and I hope they will still offer them as it is almost end of the season. The cruise is on sale with fast boat and transfer to Thira or with guided excursion. The other solution available until mid November is the Flying Cat from Hellenic Seaways. They leave from Heraklion at 9.45. You must go there by car or bus.

London, England
Level Contributor
273 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rethymnon to Santorini

Do you know if there's also a trip from either Iraklion or the Elounda area for Santorini. We're looking at the fast boat and transfer, without the excursion once in Santorini. We're in Crete early September.

Weesp, The...
Level Contributor
3,020 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rethymnon to Santorini

the excursions include now also only transfer to Thira, take this because with flying cat you arrive in the harbor, but you will need to find busses or taxi. All together it works out to the same price.

California
Level Contributor
13 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rethymnon to Santorini

Thanks for the help! Does anyone know if Anek Lines is the only ferry from Piraeus to Crete in Oct.? I went on the Hellenic Seaways website and it looks like they stop at the end of Sept. Unless they just haven't updated their website. But it sounds like flying is the easiest in any case. Jeanne

Weesp, The...
Level Contributor
3,020 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rethymnon to Santorini

if/when the cruises stop and flying cat in November, than we have in the winter only twice per week Prevelli from ANEK lines. I think that they havent put schedules for Hellenic yet online for October

6. Re: Rethymnon to Santorini

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, October 17, 2012