We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The best places in Rethymno to go with kids?

Which Rethymnon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
South Shields...
Level Contributor
51 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
The best places in Rethymno to go with kids?

Hi there, we are due to visit in a little over 4 weeks with our 3.5 year old and staying at the Atrium hotel. Just wondered if anyone can recommend any particular places to take our little one, restaurants...family friendly bars etc? Also, is there a good water park nearby or anything like that?

Grateful for your help!

CRETE
Level Contributor
169 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The best places in Rethymno to go with kids?

Water park you have to go to chania or heraklion. family friendly and with good food i think is zisis 4km from the town near platanias or coffee inside the garden where there is a children playground you can also try "lemonokipos near the main square where there are no vehicles and also a playground.

South Shields...
Level Contributor
51 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The best places in Rethymno to go with kids?

Thank you! How long does it take to get to Chania? Is it likely there will be organised trips from my hotel?

Thanks again!

CRETE
Level Contributor
169 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The best places in Rethymno to go with kids?

Not to worry in any place you will see tours for aqua splash in heraklion or watercity in hania. It takes an hour to chania and an hour and half for heraklion i will see what else comes in my mind as i do not have kids i am not good at places for kids but i will find something have a nice holiday

Weesp, The...
Level Contributor
3,020 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The best places in Rethymno to go with kids?

you can go on trips with the yellow train, there is a new nature park near Rethymno, the Baja beach, than excursions with ponies, water city and maybe a walk in the St.Anthony gorge which is not too long for the kids.

On the beach road are plenty of good child friendly restaurants, try Takis or Dome and also in the old town

5. Re: The best places in Rethymno to go with kids?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 12, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Rethymnon