We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightlife in Rethymnon?

Bexley
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Nightlife in Rethymnon?

Is anyone able to let me know if there is any nightlife in Rethymnon? My best friend and I are both in our 20's and looking for a lovely holiday with the choice of hitting the town as well as relaxing! We're not hoping for Ibiza, but would like some lively nightlife!

Thanks in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Ibiza
Ibiza
Balearic Islands, Spain
Surbiton
Level Contributor
1,997 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nightlife in Rethymnon?

Next to the Hotel Ideon, near the harbour, there are a string of cafes and bars. In the evening, these are always full of young people (teens, 20s, 30s), usually drinking coffee and playing backgammon.

Another area where young people congregate is in the bars in the small square by the RImondi fountain.

I have seen notices around the town for night clubs and music nights, but I haven't taken a lot of notice of them.

Rethymnon is a university town, full of young people, so I don't imagine you'd have a probem finding places for nights out. Anyway, I'm sure you'll both have a wonderful time; Rethymnon is the sort of place which people keep coming back to time after time.

Mentioned in this post
Ideon Hotel
Ideon Hotel
523 Reviews
Crete, Greece
Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nightlife in Rethymnon?

Hi there

There are loads of places to have a great time in Rethymno, whether you want a cafe, music bar, restaurant or club. As has been said, there are notices advertising the clubs all around the town so just follow the directions. Rethymno is the most cosmopolitan town on the island for nightlife but more refined than the likes of Hersonissos and Malia.

Mentioned in this post
Hersonissos
Hersonissos
Crete, Greece
Rethymnon, Greece
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nightlife in Rethymnon?

Hi,

there are a lot of beach bars and clubs by the sea in the area of Rethymno, approx. 6-10km east of Rethymno. You can easily go bus public bus or taxi (around 10 Euros). These clubs are really nice for hot summer nights. But as the others said: you can find a lot of choices in the old town as well. Fortezza Club, Metropolis Club or Rock Cafe....

Have fun.

Weesp, The...
Level Contributor
3,020 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nightlife in Rethymnon?

Rethymno is a student city, the night life might be quite different from what you expect. It starts, surely after late midnight, there are some good discoos like Metropolis and Fortezza near the Venetian harbor, the rest is more like dancing bars and caffee bars or music bars where they play popular Greek music of today. Popular is also the Rakadiko street, near the central cultural square, where young and old drink and enjoy some meze dishes. Food that we eat together and clos with a Raki, the fire water. Real name is Tsikoudia. Try also Scholarchio bar, life Greek music till the early morning, reservation is needed here

have fun in www.rethymnon.gr

Edited: 1:45 pm, June 04, 2010
CRETE
Level Contributor
169 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nightlife in Rethymnon?

Before 12 o clock you can go to "pasarela" the place near ideon hotel or to the places near minare where you can eat and drink beers. After 12 o clock i suggest near the old harbour 2 places fortezza or metropolis or you can go baja and ice near the rimondi fountain. If you are in rethymno later on end of june there are a lot of clubs in adele which is 8 km outside rethymno like Iguanna Siesta etc There is in my opinion a lot of nightlife in Rethymno and of different variety

6. Re: Nightlife in Rethymnon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:45 am, December 08, 2010