We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maleme, general impression

Which Maleme hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gothenburg
1 post
Save Topic
Maleme, general impression

Hi, we just came home from Maleme yesterday, and must say were very pleased. It is a small quiet village with just a few hotels and resturants, very suitable for small children families, parties of the higher middelage or lovers looking for relaxation and to get away from busy streets, thousands of souvenirshops and the commercialized bars showing your homecountry football league. However you will find what you need in Maleme, there are shops enough. Food is also generally good, and must say we don't agree with the critizism about Estia service. It became our favourit regular joint for mostly lunch but also dinner.

If you are looking for tough nightlife this is not your primary destination, but if not we can certainly recommend it, and if you want just a little of that, Platanias is only short bus/taxi ride away.

Good luck !

sheffield
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Maleme, general impression

Hi Just read your post, Im going to Maleme next tuesady, and im really excited, There is me, my partner, our 3 year old son, my mum, dad, brother and my gran, so im hoping there is plenty of things for us to do as there is a wide age variety of us going, where stopping in a hotel louis crete princess, ive never been to Crete before so im wanting to know as much about it as possible.

2. Re: Maleme, general impression

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:38 am, October 11, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Maleme