We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Astoria Capsis Hotel

Which Heraklion hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
British Columbia
Level Contributor
53 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Astoria Capsis Hotel

We are booking a trip to Greece which includes 4 nights at the Astoria Capsis Hotel in Heraklion. The online reviews aren't great so I was wonderfully if any local experts can advise if it would be a mistake to make this booking.

England
Level Contributor
898 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Astoria Capsis Hotel

We spent one night at the Astoria Capsis, at the end of our trip to Crete last year. It is a good, very central hotel - clean and comfortable. It is situated almost next to the Archaeological Museum and it is easy to walk around most of the old town of Heraklion from there (and I think the bus to Knossos stops outside) The only negative (for me) would be that the roof bar is a magnet for local young folk and the music from there went on til midnight and gone.

Have you booked through a tour company, or are you travelling independently? I think the Astoria Capsis will be fine for you - but, if you are travelling independently, I can thoroughly recommend the Galaxy hotel, where we spent 2 nights at the beginning of our Crete holiday.

Edited: 6:29 am, May 30, 2014
Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Astoria Capsis Hotel

Hi there

The reviews are very good - there are 185 reviews here on Trip Advisor of which 153 rate it as "excellent" or "very good", you won't find much better than that.

British Columbia
Level Contributor
53 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Astoria Capsis Hotel

Thank you for the great info, it's appreciated. We are booking through a tour company.

4. Re: Astoria Capsis Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 02, 2015