We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire Heraklion Airport

Which Heraklion hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Berkshire, UK
Level Contributor
12 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Car Hire Heraklion Airport

We are travelling to Crete in May and wish to hire a car for a week from Heraklion airport. Can anyone suggest a good hire company based at the airport?

Maryland
Level Contributor
561 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Hire Heraklion Airport

Lots of good local companies. Jump to the 'Heraklion' forum and search for 'car rental' or 'car hire' and you will get many recommendations. Last summer, we used europeo cars (not to be confused with euro cars) and were very happy with the price, service and car.

Berkshire, UK
Level Contributor
12 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Hire Heraklion Airport

Many Thanks

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Agios Nikolaos, Elounda, Crete
Level Contributor
10,618 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Hire Heraklion Airport

Hi there

Just stick with the local car hire companies you get better service from them....:-) over the years we have used many different companies and they have all been excellent.

England
Level Contributor
898 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Hire Heraklion Airport

We used Anna Cars last year and they were brilliant.

Berkshire, UK
Level Contributor
12 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Hire Heraklion Airport

Thanks for your comments

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,320 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Hire Heraklion Airport

this one gets great revews

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g189417-i681-k57…

Edited: 7:07 pm, March 01, 2014
Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,618 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car Hire Heraklion Airport

Hi again

Like any recommendations on TA forum or reviews do be aware of the number of post each poster who recommends has posted .......unfortunately it's becoming more common now for companies to have lots of recommendations by "1" posters!! :-( :-(

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
1,034 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car Hire Heraklion Airport

I have used several firms over the years, but http://www.annacars.gr/ have been the best combination of price and car. Pay cash, and there is no need for a deposit.

Maryland
Level Contributor
561 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Car Hire Heraklion Airport

Last summer when I was researching renting cars from Heraklion, I contacted about 5 or 6 of the TA forum 'recommended' local companies (included europeo cars, athens car, annacars, autorentals-crete, cretarent and I can't remember which others), and chose the one that gave the best price for the size car, length of time, time of year, etc. that we needed. For example, for a one-week rental of a medium-sized car in June, the prices ranged from 160-280 euro (all included full insurance and taxes/fees). We are returning to Crete this September and will need a small car this time for 2+ weeks. I plan to re-contact the companies because I'm guessing that a different company may offer the best price for these specific terms. I found that the local companies by and large offered better prices (and no doubt better quality and service) than the big international car companies.

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,618 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Car Hire Heraklion Airport

Hi lam1001

Yes it's best to get quotes from local companies ( as you said :-)) ..every year as the prices do changed over the seasons, we travel to Crete 5-6 times most years so get quotes every year from 5-6 different local companies .. Definitely worth the homework ...this year we have saved over 100 euros by shopping around :-)