We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gym and Indoor pool in Heraklion?

Which Heraklion hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Gym and Indoor pool in Heraklion?

Hi all, I'll be in Heraklion in late November for about a week. I'm interested in getting a day or week pass to a gym and/or indoor pool. (I think will be too cold then to swim in ocean or an outdoor pool). Does anyone have any recommendations?

thanks!

Rethymnon, Greece
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
2,514 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gym and Indoor pool in Heraklion?

How about this:

http://www.aegeospa.gr/en.aspx

I have to say that till now the weather is very good, even if it rained late in the afternoon today. I still see people swim in the sea. But late November can be a whole different story.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gym and Indoor pool in Heraklion?

thank you for responding so quickly, and it's great to know that the weather's still warm. Fingers crossed that it will stay that way a little longer....

regarding my question, I guess I should have been clearer. While a high-end spa sounds luxurious, I realize what I'm looking for is a place to swim some hard laps. Maybe burn a sweat on a stationary bicycle. Nothing too fancy or expensive. Any suggestions for this are welcome.

thanks again.

Rethymnon, Greece
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
2,514 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gym and Indoor pool in Heraklion?

Hi again.

I did a little research but I couldn't find a gym with a decent size pool for an adult. Only for children. Maybe I'm wrong. I hope someone else from Heraklion sees this thread, and answer.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gym and Indoor pool in Heraklion?

Thanks so much for your response. Instead of a pool, any idea if there might be a gym (with exercise bikes) that might be available for for day use for a moderate fee? I ask because, though athletic, I'm recovering from a foot injury and so still can't walk much, but I would love another way to work out while on vacation.

5. Re: Gym and Indoor pool in Heraklion?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, November 13, 2014