We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in Heraklion, Crete

Philadelphia...
3 posts
Save Topic
Hotel in Heraklion, Crete

Hi-

My husband and I are looking for a hotel in Heraklion, Crete that is near the beach but also accessible to historical sites by bus. I'll be staying for 3 nights duirng mid-August. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tessie

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,479 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel in Heraklion, Crete

Depending on your budget, I'll suggest two.

The Lato Boutique Hotel is excellent. The Irini is cheaper, more basic, but clean and decent and perfectly adequate for a three-night stay. Both are very near the bus station, and the centre.

Book soon once you've decided: mid-August is high season and both hotels are popular.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,479 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel in Heraklion, Crete

Ah. Just noticed "near the beach". I don't know the beaches near Heraklion, but obviously you'll need to stay away from the centre if you want to be on a beach. Sorry!

Someone else may be able to help. You might. though, stay IN Heraklion, where you'll have the best bus connections, and take the bus to the beach.

3. Re: Hotel in Heraklion, Crete

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 13, 2014